Pennys: What do you use to see the Wide AMs and the Close AMs and initilas?

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
The wide AM's are pretty easy to spot. But I just use a regular magnifying Glass.

When I was younger I had a lighted magnifying lamp that I could clamp on to the Desk / table but it is long gone. I need to find another one like that, from what I remember it was awsome. That was from my Stamp collecting days......

Mojo

Silversound

Jul 11, 2009
SoCal
I use a 10X Loupe (Hand held magnifying glass type-instrument). It's very portable and effective. I bought mine at a coin shop for about $10. The manufacturer is H.E. Harris & Co. They have a website and I think they sell it on their website for a little more than $10. It's model #1018. I remember seeing another person on this forum who bought a 30X loupe on e-bay for much cheaper, though I can't attest to the quality of it - perhaps if that person sees this post they can post their review? I will say that the H.E. Harris Loupe is very well built and has a substantial feel. It makes seeing all the little details much easier. It is not as hands-free as a desk-top magnifying glass or powerful bifocals, but it makes up for it in portability. To each their own!

Have fun!
George

jlb783

Dec 1, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Outback
Silversound said:
I use a 10X Loupe (Hand held magnifying glass type-instrument). It's very portable and effective. I bought mine at a coin shop for about $10. The manufacturer is H.E. Harris & Co. They have a website and I think they sell it on their website for a little more than $10. It's model #1018. I remember seeing another person on this forum who bought a 30X loupe on e-bay for much cheaper, though I can't attest to the quality of it - perhaps if that person sees this post they can post their review? I will say that the H.E. Harris Loupe is very well built and has a substantial feel. It makes seeing all the little details much easier. It is not as hands-free as a desk-top magnifying glass or powerful bifocals, but it makes up for it in portability. To each their own!

Have fun!
George
Me and my dad use the same one, but my 15 year old eyes can still see good enough to spot the wide AM's.

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
You can buy a 30x loupe on ebay for $2.84. It's from Hong Kong so it takes 2 weeks but it's a great product. I just got my dad one.

So, I hunt with the loupe. I can see them with the naked eye, but I can see them much more quickly with the loupe.

JasonB

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can usually see them with the naked eye, but have to use the loupe if not sure or the old eyes get tired.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread