My lead teller has two 1963 Bens and a 1984 S Clad Proofs Halve

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the teller tells me, look what I have but I am not giving them to you. They are mine
and I will buy them from the Bank.

I say OK I will give you $9.55 for the 3 coins. She said, "no they are mine"

and she continue to keep them on the tray bin.

Sad but nothing I can do. Telling you guys makes me feel better.

It would take somebody like LJ to convince the teller to give them up.

Darth Walker

Upvote 0

Philmont_709n2

Jul 2, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Same thing happened to me today! Teller said sure i got a roll of halves opens it up and pours out 90% kennedys and says, im going to keep these for myself. The twist is they offered up a 1949 Ben and seemed surprised I wanted that "old thing"

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
Yall should be ashamed of yourselfs. Tommorow let em hang and walk back in there and tell her sorry customers first. Geesh they are probably gone by now. ;D

OP
OP
Darth Walker

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DW
nyiangelo said:
Yall should be ashamed of yourselfs. Tommorow let em hang and walk back in there and tell her sorry customers first. Geesh they are probably gone by now. ;D

You will make war for a couple of Bens and you will never get anything again there.

They can just hide things in places were you can not see and just buy them at the end of the shift.

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
Yeah I was doing my best drill sergeant. :director: Is this your main supply bank? If it's war over 2 bens then so be it. I'm sure there's other tellers at the same bank. It's not the tellers final decision who gets the money, it's her bossess. The next time though I bet her coins arn't in plain sight for everyone to see. I don't really see how she's your lead teller if shes keeping your "coin". But that's just my opinion, no offense.

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about that Mr. Walker. I've never had to wage war to get what I'm after...knock on wood. The tellers in my new town are mostly young and seem oblivious. The other day while CRHing for the first time here, a teller asked if I was a collector, and I said yeah. He then gave me all the halves they had, they were from his tray, and 7 of them were 40%ers. At the same bank today though, a girl asked how my pennies did, and then said that she got a silver one. She corrected herself and said steel, so they're not totally unaware.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Philmont_709n2

Jul 2, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Yes I weighed the dilemma that: Im sure I could get the 90%ers from her but basically "close down" my CRH from there because she would surely hide the silver every time she ever got it and it would be a wasted trip. Or I could let her have this one and keep it open as a CRH hot spot. I mean they did still give me a 1949 Ben.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Philmont_709n2 said:
Same thing happened to me today! Teller said sure i got a roll of halves opens it up and pours out 90% kennedys and says, im going to keep these for myself. The twist is they offered up a 1949 Ben and seemed surprised I wanted that "old thing"

Give her your number and tell her to call you when she is ready to sell. Or........ With your cuniglingest grin tell her you be willing to work them off her........ LOL

Mojo

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have a problem with the teller keeping the silver. My problem would be her rubbing it in my face. That's not cool! Her boss would hear about it with a letter. :icon_scratch:

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
With your cuniglingest grin
Mojo you are quite the wordsmith :laughing7: :notworthy:

[quoteIt would take somebody like LJ to convince the teller to give them up.
][/quote]
i hate to disagree but LJ would need to do no convincing.....one look and all tellers immediately get a blank look on thier face, pull thier silver and hand it over, all the while mumbling "must turn over all silver, must turn over all silver.................

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
mistergee said:
With your cuniglingest grin
Mojo you are quite the wordsmith :laughing7: :notworthy:

Glad somebody noticed that. LOL

mistergee said:
LJ would need to do no convincing.....one look and all tellers immediately get a blank look on thier face, pull thier silver and hand it over, all the while mumbling "must turn over all silver, must turn over all silver.................

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Mojo

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I think this is totally different than a teller trying to pull the silver after you ask to buy halves or refusing to sell silver you see in their drawer. This was just a teller knowing you collect coins and/or look for silver and wanting to share their find with you because they thought you would be interested. Just like we all like to share our finds with the people here. I have tellers at a couple different banks that know I collect coins and will show me things they have found and let me know they want to keep them. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread