This was a First for me.....

Ju8vP3t

Went by the bank today to pick up a couple boxes, got home, opened up the first box, and the ENTIRE box were some of my dumps from last week... :dontknow:, and how do I know you may ask?,....well around here to return, you have to roll everything up, this whole box were halves I re-rolled, talk about getting Rick-Rolled... :laughing7:, ...and I've always been told that the banks have to unroll and bag coins to return 'em to the courier service, so much for that...oh, and for the record, the other box was a 100% Skunk >:(

Upvote 0

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Take them away from your area, if can, or open an account in a Bank that uses a dif delivery service. :dontknow:

OP
OP
Ju8vP3t

Ju8vP3t

obediah said:
Take them away from your area, if can, or open an account in a Bank that uses a dif delivery service. :dontknow:

That's the thing, I return to a different bank than I order from, the order bank uses Loomis, the return bank uses Brinks, but I've known for a long time now, that it doesn't matter, unless you order and return in a COMPLETELY different district, you're WILL get 50-60% of your dumps back everytime you order, .....this has gone around I don't know how many times on the forum here, I'm thinking there's a clearing house that supplies multiple courier services, because, I order from one service bank(Loomis) and dump with another bank(Brinks)...so if I'm getting my dumps back through Loomis that I returned to Brinks, there has to be a central warehouse somewhere that all courier services (Locally) use

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Ju8vP3t said:
obediah said:

That's the thing, I return to a different bank than I order from, the order bank uses Loomis, the return bank uses Brinks, but I've known for a long time now, that it doesn't matter, unless you order and return in a COMPLETELY different district, you're WILL get 50-60% of your dumps back everytime you order, .....this has gone around I don't know how many times on the forum here, I'm thinking there's a clearing house that supplies multiple courier services, because, I order from one service bank(Loomis) and dump with another bank(Brinks)...so if I'm getting my dumps back through Loomis that I returned to Brinks, there has to be a central warehouse somewhere that all courier services (Locally) use

Yes I scouted my area, and the Fed in Nashville TN is central point for ALL coins here; cased the place [shhhhhh now] and noted all the diff carriers lining up & driving into Bldg'ing and coming out. Know as a matter of fact my Brinks coin Bank only sends them back to Brinks- Fed in unrolled bags of 2000 coins, when they are shipped back out the Fed rolling facility must pkg them in each carriers paper rolls, and or Brinks (I cased it too) has a secure Bldg'ing not far from the Fed where they no doubt store & roll coins too. I for most part haul my dumps into another State (130 or so miles from my area) so KNOW they will NOT be coming back, you see I take 1 trip a month 265 miles each way stay there about 2 weeks then come home each trip drop several bags of coins acquired at each end of my trips over the 2 weeks at each end point.

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happened to me twice. The box should be tampered to the degree that can't reused. Tear a portion of the cover away.

This is what I got from the bank

P8151531.JPG

This is how I returned
P8151532.JPG

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Yinzi50 said:
Happened to me twice. The box should be tampered to the degree that can't reused. Tear a portion of the cover away.

I NEVER bring them in in a Box that they came in, always put them into a cloth bag, and use various diff rolls to disguise where got them form, as tellers usually ask where did you get all these coins from, I say "all over" and they can clearly tell this is so (hehehe) by the multiple types of wrappers they are all in; have never had them ask for more detailed info after my first reply.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, I can't imagine re-rolling all that! Too much work. You might want to try and find a counter, or a bank that will give you bags to return. I find that small credit unions are the most friendly that way, I only use them to dump. ffd

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
Man (or, should I say woMan) that sucks, but that is part of the game. I always return the coins in the same boxes that I got them in, and I just slit the rolls and them tape the sides after doing an edge inspection. The banker asks me what I am up to, and I just tell them I am looking for certain coins. When they ask if I find silver, I just tell them the truth (I got two dream scores, and then a few along the way, along with the clads I needed to fill a folder for the little guy).

The only person who looks at me with disdain is the svelte Austrian teller at the Wells Fargo in the Downtown area. She tries to convey some frustration, but I enjoy it (worked in the construction industry for 20 years, married for 10, you get the picture...), and I suspect that she is a nice person who is just tired of me tormenting her with my monthly box of metal. She adds some verbal torture at times, but again, that is part of the game. It'd be fun to have a beer with her at some point (she's probably 15 years my senior).

What was the point of this post...I forgot...oh well, have a nice day!

Happy hunting.

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
You might want to try dumping a smaller amount at the branch and if you have to dump the full amount you should ask for the box back so they can't just ship it right back. Are you using the same bank (different location) for both the dump and the pickup? That could be your problem. It is possible for the same bank to be serviced by different carriers.

HH,
65GT350

joad

Apr 15, 2009
East Coast
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Could be that another CRH picked it up from your dump bank, saw what was inside and dumped at your pick up bank or another branch of your pick up bank. I have gotten two boxes in the past month that were rerolled in the same wrappers and the box just taped shut. Wern't too happy, but it wasn't my banks fault and I said nothing to them about it. I have bought obvious dump boxes and turned them right over to a dump bank just to get them outta there!

OP
OP
Ju8vP3t

Ju8vP3t

65gt350 said:
You might want to try dumping a smaller amount at the branch and if you have to dump the full amount you should ask for the box back so they can't just ship it right back. Are you using the same bank (different location) for both the dump and the pickup? That could be your problem. It is possible for the same bank to be serviced by different carriers.

HH,
65GT350

Like I mentioned in my post, I order from BOA and dump at Chase, two different banks, two different couriers, I'm not sure, but I wouldn't think two different couriers would service the same bank, it's probably contractual

I like the idea of mutilating the box enough so it can't be re-used, although I don't think they re-use 'em anyway, ...this box in question was glued down, in fact I had to cut it open, usually I can pull open the flap, what surprised me, was I'd always been told that the courier companies wouldn't take coins rolled, so the tellers have to unroll all the coins and bag 'em, but it was clear, these had never been unrolled, they'd gone back to the warehouse and been re-boxed, I've NEVER gotten hand-rolled rolls of halves in a sealed bank box, always machine rolled

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
Ju8vP3t said:
65gt350 said:

HH,
65GT350

Like I mentioned in my post, I order from BOA and dump at Chase, two different banks, two different couriers, I'm not sure, but I wouldn't think two different couriers would service the same bank, it's probably contractual

I like the idea of mutilating the box enough so it can't be re-used, although I don't think they re-use 'em anyway, ...this box in question was glued down, in fact I had to cut it open, usually I can pull open the flap, what surprised me, was I'd always been told that the courier companies wouldn't take coins rolled, so the tellers have to unroll all the coins and bag 'em, but it was clear, these had never been unrolled, they'd gone back to the warehouse and been re-boxed, I've NEVER gotten hand-rolled rolls of halves in a sealed bank box, always machine rolled

As far as two couriers servicing the same bank. I have seen both Loomis and Brinks servicing the same bank within 5 miles of each other. The only way I could explain it was that the two branches were in different regions but close to each other. For example Monterey would be in the Monterey region but Pacific Grove would be in the Central coast region. The branches tend to change regions often depending on the banks structure. Also, I have picked up boxes that have been picked up from other branches within the bank and delivered to my branch. I know this because the box had writing on it saying that the box needed to be returned. If you hunt long enough you will see everything. In fact I have pulled silver from sealed boxes with hand rolls in it.

HH,
65GT350

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I didn't see the answer to this question....did you look through the box you believed to be your rejects?

And if you did, was it a skunk? :laughing7:

OP
OP
Ju8vP3t

Ju8vP3t

GMan00001 said:
So, I didn't see the answer to this question....did you look through the box you believed to be your rejects?

And if you did, was it a skunk? :laughing7:

As soon as I opened the box in question, I knew immediately they were my dumps, no question about it, they were rolls I had rolled, I did open a few rolls, JUST to make sure, but I didn't go through the whole box, no point in doing that, as stated already, after CRHing for awhile, I guess you really will see everything :dontknow:, I guess what surprised me the most was, what I'd been told by everyone, that the dump bank HAS to un-roll the coins because the courier co. won't take back rolled coins, only bagged coins, apparently this isn't true

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread