did it to me again.......

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
....after dumping at my dump bank and waiting to cash out, i notice a silver rim in the quarter slot of the tellers tray. when i got my money back i asked if i could trade for the quarter on the bottom of the stack. she said "Oh, this one? i'm sorry i'm saving that one for someone." :BangHead: :angry4: :angry5: :cussing: :violent1:
so i smile, while resisting the urge to drag her through the window and snap off all her fingers, and ask "why do all you guys do that?" she says "what do you mean?" i said "leave silver in the tray for all to see but are saving it for yourselves or someone else. why don't you just remove it and replace it at the begining of the shift and save yourself from having to refuse someone." all i got was :dontknow: and a stupid smile." :happy3: i know , i know i should have pushed it and took it up with the manager but this is my most used dump bank and i have recieved lots of goodies from the tellers off the machines. it didn't seem worth one quarter to have an enemy in the ranks. now if it was one of my search banks ......game on.

Upvote 0

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The silver gods have a special place reserved for these idiots one day... :blob8:

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
You know what she wanted to say Mistergee is "because I can baby....because I can"

Golden Silver

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
Ok I've been saving this tid bit. If you have a really nasty mean, mean, nasty, ugly teller get them to walk away and toss a penny or nickle in their tray. If they are off by even one cent either way they get in trouble... I won't say I've done it but after a couple of times I never saw that teller again and the manager really started to like me. Even winked at me when I asked about her.

Ju8vP3t

...in the bank this morning, asked the teller; "You have any half dollar coins?" He said "I think I have 2", I asked if I could see 'em, one of 'em was a '66, I said "I'll buy this one from you", sure, but this one looks better, (of the 2 coins he had, the clad did look better, BUT it was a bicentennial :laughing7:), I said, "No, I like the dirty one better" :laughing7: :laughing7: :thumbsup:

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Last Friday I stopped by a Wells Fargo inside a grocery store. I asked if they had any halves, and two tellers said they had none. They said the third teller might have some, so I waited for him to finish up with his customer and then asked about them. He said he only had two, so although I was a bit disappointed in the quantity, I said I would buy them both. When he pulled them from his drawer, he said, "This one is a GOOD one". I kept a straight face, and when out in my car saw that I had a very nice 1964 Kennedy to show for my effort. Small potatoes, I know, but satisfying just the same!!
- Grizz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread