Ive found an Indian cent.

BurnedSpy

Aug 22, 2009
I've found an Indian cent.

:o I've only been crhing for 3 days, and I found an 1895 indian head cent. At first, I was like, is this a dream, or hallucination? Then, after a minute of being in a a state of awe, I saw I was holding an indian head cent. Its in nice condition to, especially being 114 years old. along with that, I found about 30 or so wheats, the oldest being 1915. So today was really good, aside from the only roll of Halves I could find, being that they all were marked with a green marker or something. one was a 1969, but I didn't really want it being that it was all green.

Upvote 0

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Re: I've found an Indian cent.

Keep it up :icon_thumright: - there will be days when a green 69 looks pretty. good!

Maine_Jim

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You were kidding about the 1969, right? Nice job on the IH. I've been searching for 9 years and never found one. I hate you. (just kidding)
HH
Gilbert

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Geez. I know what you mean about those green and dirty SILVER coins. I keep them though. I use a dremel tool with a steel brush to clean them and when that doesn't work, I hold them to my grinding wheel for a couple few minutes and that generally does the trick. Shinny and, er, um, not really like new.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

OP
OP
BurnedSpy

BurnedSpy

Aug 22, 2009

enamel7 said:
You were kidding about the 1969, right? Nice job on the IH. I've been searching for 9 years and never found one. I hate you. (just kidding)
HH
Gilbert

Its only a 40%. They add up, but I'm only in this for older coins, and 64's. I've still got it though, so I may keep it, seeing as you all make me feel I should. By the way, where I live, not many people coin roll hunt, except I did see this one guy come in with a hand truck full of coins, and the bank had to open up the machine for him to deposit his coins, so finding old coins may come easy. plus the town is old, if thats another advantage.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BurnedSpy said:
enamel7 said:
HH
Gilbert

Its only a 40%. They add up, but I'm only in this for older coins, and 64's. I've still got it though, so I may keep it, seeing as you all make me feel I should. By the way, where I live, not many people coin roll hunt, except I did see this one guy come in with a hand truck full of coins, and the bank had to open up the machine for him to deposit his coins, so finding old coins may come easy. plus the town is old, if thats another advantage.

People like you are the reason I'm in this for the long haul. You want silver, but not all silver is good enough. Believe, you would make much more money on 40%ers than 90 because you will find 10 to 20% more. Don't believe it, look at the year to date totals LJ has posted.
HH
Gilbert

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

BurnedSpy said:
enamel7 said:
HH
Gilbert

Has anyone seen coincrazed lately.... ? :dontknow:

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

coinmojo said:
BurnedSpy said:
enamel7 said:
HH
Gilbert

Has anyone seen coincrazed lately.... ? :dontknow:
Mention LJ and the very next post Coincrazed is mentioned. ;D Nice job on the Indian. A lot of posters on this forum would gladly trade you that 40% for a post 1970 half, dirty or not. Good luck in your future hunts.

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007

If you are only looking for older coins instead of 40%ers let me know and we can work out a trade. Wheats for your 40%ers... I have a few wheats up for trade for silver if you would like :laughing7: Just 15,000 or so!!!

Jason

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread