Road Trip 8/26/09

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Tough road trip today hunting through the jungles of Connecticut. Could not find a silver half to save my life. I was picking up plenty to dump though.
In desperation for some silver, I picked up $100.00 bag of loose dimes (Skunk), $200.00 in customer rolled dimes(4 Rosies), and a box of dimes (3 Rosies & 80% Canadian)

Last bank on the trip I picked up a $100.00 in rolled halves. Got 18 40% out of that bunch.
Todays total:
1x Canadian dime 80%
7x Roosevelt dimes
18x 40% Kennedy halves

I got a call from a teller who says she has a bagfull of silver dollars that she will sell to me at face tomorrow. I know that she knows what silver is. I did not ask her if they were Ikes or what, because I did not want to appear too anxious.
So we will see tomorrow. Maybe I'll hit the jackpot or maybe I'll be paying for my gas in clad Ikes.

Upvote 0

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
You would be one of the luckiest men alive if they were all silver. Did she say how many were in the bag???? Good luck.

Golden Silver

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Not trying to get your hopes up, but if she mentioned the term "face value", then they could be something big. Why would a teller mention that they are selling you come type of coin for "face value" if they are clad Ikes or halves or anything else? Unless you are buying from her personal stash or collection, it should always be face value when getting coins from a bank.

Might be interesting.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread