Todays finds 8-26-09

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Today's finds 8-26-09

Fell of the wagon again and picked up two Brinks boxes. I have not CRHed in about 2 or so weeks.

1- Walker (1943)

2- 64s

26- 40%ers

Most came from one box. 4 rolls had 5-6 keepers each. I was happy with it. The bank has 2 boxes left. I asked them to save them for me and I hope that they have rolls from that same batch that had the 5-6 keepers in each roll.

Jim

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Re: Today's finds 8-26-09

Mentone Grizz said:
Who is Bill?

Jim

Jim;
Bill (W) Wilson - co-founder of A.A. It's a joke, son!!
- Grizz

[/quote]

I understand Grizz. I may quit CRHing from time to time, but I will NOT give up my beer!

Jim

NaturalJWL

Jul 19, 2007
NC

That silver itch just won't go away. Good finds today hope the others are as good.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

Perhaps I should take a break myself from the box searches. I'm getting skunked pretty hard. It seems I am one of the primary sources of halves going to Brinks. and i'm getting most of my own dumps back. If I kicked off for a couple of monts, maybee some silver will build up.......

Mojo

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

Hey Jim, great finds man. I did not know you were back to searching the boxes.
Well lets hope the luck continues.

Golden Silver

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008

golden silver said:
Hey Jim, great finds man. I did not know you were back to searching the boxes.
Well lets hope the luck continues.

Golden Silver

Technically I am not still CRHing, but I was at the bank and they said they had some boxes.......
Well, you know the rest.

coinmojo said:
Perhaps I should take a break myself from the box searches. I'm getting skunked pretty hard. It seems I am one of the primary sources of halves going to Brinks. and i'm getting most of my own dumps back. If I kicked off for a couple of monts, maybee some silver will build up.......

Mojo

I was told by the teller that the other guy who was ordering boxes from them (he ordered more than I ever did) had quit ordering them a couple months ago (a few weeks after I quit my serious habit). So I figured I would try them out. I may try to be a "recreational CRHer" if the next couple boxes produce. If they are skunks, it won't be hard for me to stop again for a while. I actually got to the point where I could drive past a bank and not think about stopping for halves if you can believe it.

Jim

packfan_1982

Jun 22, 2008
Omaha NE
Detector(s) used
F70 / ACE 250

I know how you feel, I gave up the search a week ago and I'm starting to have withdrawls. I drive by three banks on my way home and I keep wanting to stop in just for a quick box of dimes. Just one more box and then I'm done!

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350

Good score there. I slowed it down to 5k a week.... :tongue3:

Maine_Jim

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

WTG Jim, good score. I find that I can't look at a bank without gagging; I've had that reflex for some time now!
I still enjoy reading posts of others. Good luck! ffd

Mercury63

Oct 20, 2008

Anybody with 1280 posts is never going to give up this hobby as long as it is still producing !

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008

Mercury63 said:
Anybody with 1280 posts is never going to give up this hobby as long as it is still producing !

That is true Mercury. As long as it is still producing is the key. Got 3 boxes coming next week. We will see what happens.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread