box of dimes....UPDATE

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Re: box of dimes....

That's one more than most boxes have recently. :thumbsup: No more boxes of anything for me, I'm sticking to handrolled and bags.

Rich

OP
OP
mistergee

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania

i usually stick to loosies and handrolls too, but when they get hard to find i'll grab a box just for something to do. i don't know what the deal is around here but bags seem to be a no-no. all the banks that have counters say they can't sell me bags. they HAVE to get sent out. :icon_scratch:

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wish I could find someone who is willing to sell bags. The two banks that have counters around here both dont sell them. Any one had luck convincing them to sell them? I would think they would rather have the cash than a heavy bag they have to store till the trucks come to pick them up.

OP
OP
mistergee

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania

i would imagine they are being charged for the service so why not sell to me and avoid some charges? :dontknow:

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

Straight and too the point. Not a skunk my friend.

Golden Silver

OP
OP
mistergee

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
UPDATE!!!!!
my hands do not like dimes.....after years of working with them, fighting both in the ring and out, various pins and screws to mend broken parts, and the ensuing arthritis, make it very difficult to handle them well. soooo most of the time i'm searching them i'm dropping them too :BangHead:
usually Missesmistergee finds the ones that got away.(rolled out of site under furniture)when she is cleaning. she places these on my "coin searching" area within a few days and most of the time they get thrown in the dump pile.
not this time.....after i searched the box(first in a long time) she told me she found one but she hadn't put it in "my area" :icon_scratch:.....didn't think much of it because i presumed it was clad........NOT......she said "i think you'll like this one" as she handed it over.....1964D ;D
so there were 2 in the box not one....this is more in line with my average per box finds.
now i must have dropped like 10 or 20 of these slippery little devils at the time......what are the odds that the only one i failed to retrieve would be one of two silvers out of 2500? :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread