Punishing the greedy tellers

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I remember long ago there was a lady merchant teller who controlled all the coins at a bank and hoarded all the silver. I hated these people who have silver showing and won't sell at least some of it. Don't show it and tell people no. I then punished her by ordering halves from other banks and sending all my dumps there. I even would have handrolls that I wrote "S" on the outside be sent there. She asked me once what the "S" meant silver? I just said I don't know and just wanted to cash them. She just looked like she was very upset after I sent boxes there. Most people are indifferent but she seemed really upset like as though she had to look through the ones I sent in because she was a CRH fanatic. After a while.. she was no longer there. The branch was replaced by nicer people. Now, I no longer send my dumps there since they are nice there. It's the only BofA I don't send dumps. Wow.. I really enjoyed the look in her face when I brought in the dumps.

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JJtheRollHunter said:
Jim, I did not say I threatened to dump $500 on them yet, It's just smack talk to get my way through this teller.
Besides all of you are acting like it is the end of the world. Once again, this is the ONLY bank I ever call up to see if they have any Pre-70. Drop the subject people!!!!!
Folks we have a winner!!!!!

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rude is calling someone at their workplace and demanding they do something. Then calling them idio ts. Do you even have an account with this bank? They don't HAVE to take your dumps you know.
Give up the coinhunting and concentrate on your studies. I'm just sayin. :icon_scratch:

Bigj5731

Aug 26, 2009
Michigan
Im sure they dont care if u threaten them to dump 500.00 in 50 cent pieces, all they are going to do is take them and sell them back to the fed.

ha ha, i dont even know why you would think that is a threat at all. They are a bank, They run on money, and any excess coin they just ship back or distribute it throughout the other branches.

Get Real Man.

OP
OP
SFBayArea

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Well if you consistantly dump there enough.. it might stop them from CRHing. They might be so overloaded that they just would be too busy to cherry pick it all. But that would take a lot.

It worked for me since I would dump them with other tellers there who don't CRH and it eventually got back to the merchant teller lady who has to process them. With that quantity.. and other customers coming in.. they just wished they can go through them but can't because they actually have to work such as dealing with customers. That's when you know you got them.

Haven't you ever wondered at a bank when you saw a couple of rolls and wondered what was inside? Imagine seeing a couple thousand of them and just wonder but can't just start opening them all or you'd get in trouble. That's probably what that teller lady felt. I guess I wrote "S" on the rolls for skunk not silver. I don't do that now but that was years ago.. it felt great.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigj5731 said:
Im sure they dont care if u threaten them to dump 500.00 in 50 cent pieces, all they are going to do is take them and sell them back to the fed.

ha ha, i dont even know why you would think that is a threat at all. They are a bank, They run on money, and any excess coin they just ship back or distribute it throughout the other branches.

Get Real Man.
Because it's not a bank he is "loyal" to, man. :laughing7:

Bigj5731

Aug 26, 2009
Michigan
It doesnt matter if it costs them money, if they arent going to want them they will ship them out regardless. The surcharge to have them shipped in is 5.00 so im sure its not much more than that to ship them out. The charge isn't that much of a big deal to banks, thats why when you order boxes they dont make you pay the surcharge...... I never have had to pay for the surcharge on my coins being shipped in.

I understand where your comin from, it does feel good to shove it to a bank. I've felt that way before, and do what u have to do. Keep up the hunt, I have no reason to argue with you on such a stupid topic.

Keep hunting and keep posting your stories from your hunt.

Good Luck

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As some of the new folks take thee time to reead older post you will find most of the annswers to your questions. Everyonne is welcome on this forum. Just a few things:
1)Be good to your tellers and they will bee good to you. I am reading too many posts from newbiees aabout how the tellers deserve beiing stuck wiith halves and it is fun to "stick it to them". If you don't like the way a bank treats you, don't go there.
2) If you think a bank can't charge you a fee, keep talking.
3) Some of you think a bank "has" to take any coin you bring them. Wrong!! They cann pretty much tell you know at any time iif they want.
Bigj5731 said:
It doesnt matter if it costs them money, if they arent going to want them they will ship them out regardless. The surcharge to have them shipped in is 5.00 so im sure its not much more than that to ship them out. The charge isn't that much of a big deal to banks, thats why when you order boxes they dont make you pay the surcharge...... I never have had to pay for the surcharge on my coins being shipped in.
Wrong! You have a lot to learn and we are here to teach. Diifferent banks and couriers have different policies. The way it is where you are is different from where I am. It may not be a big deal for a large branch, but small banks don't necessarily order coin, relying on the coin brought in by customers.
To them it can be a major charge. Please feel free to ask any questions and if I can't answer them there are others here that can.

HH
Gilbert

Bigj5731

Aug 26, 2009
Michigan
alright, alright, cool

Thank You for the advice on hunting!! :icon_thumleft:

I am glad that I am being corrected, because then i know, I didn't think about the smaller branches of banks, I do my banking at a large nation wide bank.

If this message comes off as sarcastic please dis-regard that, i am truly thanking you for teaching and letting me along with everyone else know some of the ropes to hunting.

I have never dealt with a branch that will turn me off like some people have described, I have been with other hunters who go into banks, get turned down for buying coin, walk out, tell me about it, thus making it so i have to go in there to see if i can buy some, and sure enough they sell them to me.

Thank You,

Good Luck fellow hunters. :thumbsup:

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
As some of the new folks take thee time to reead older post you will find most of the annswers to your questions. Everyonne is welcome on this forum. Just a few things:
1)Be good to your tellers and they will bee good to you. I am reading too many posts from newbiees aabout how the tellers deserve beiing stuck wiith halves and it is fun to "stick it to them".
DUDE....your stuttering

50centman

Feb 25, 2008
JJ is bogus. If he isn't, he's a selfish little brat based on the way he talks. I think he's a pretender trying to stir the pot and doing a very good job. His vindictive behavior will not bring him contentment. Who could he be? LJ?

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mistergee said:
1)Be good to your tellers and they will bee good to you. I am reading too many posts from newbiees aabout how the tellers deserve beiing stuck wiith halves and it is fun to "stick it to them".
DUDE....your stuttering
Sorry! keys were sticking. LOL

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
jim4silver said:
Cherryman68 said:
No they just took a job where they thought they could be lazy and gossip all day. Then they get all mad when someone expects them to work.

And I would think more men tellers are trying to climb the ladder while more women just want a pay check % wise.

Sorry Cherryman but I would respectfully dissent. Yes I have encountered some lazy tellers, but I also encounter lazy grocery tellers and people in other occupations. Most of the tellers I see now bend over backwards to at least act like they care and want to help. Maybe they don't like CRHers sometimes because they don't like changing the coin machine a bunch of times, but at least most of them where I now go are helpful and smile and do what they are supposed to do.

I think in this instance JJ (albeit a 13 year old kid) is the one whose attitude is not where it should be if he expects a teller to search a roll of halves and report to him what is inside (or what is not inside), then when said teller refuses he gets mad and says he is gonna dump at that bank for revenge (I take this from the words in his post and do not ASSUME anything beyond that).

Young or old, I gotta call a spade a spade as they say.

Jim

I think alot depends on the bank and the area. I have been in towns where every teller is snotty and some towns where everyone is really wonderful. I really should have thought out that responce a little more and I stand corrected.

As far as JJ goes My original post about his age was before he started acing like a spoiled brat. An honest mistake is one thing expecting someone to be your servent and ruining this hobby for every one is another.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread