This weeks 50 Boxes of Pennies, with pics of the finds!

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Hello,
I am back up to speed, kinda! I did 50 boxes of Cents this week and had pretty good results.

Here are to totals of 50 boxes of cents:

1037 Wheats
+ 129 Steels
+ 4 1909 Wheats
----------
= 1,170 Total Wheats for this week.

23.4 wheat average per box. :thumbsup: (a little above my average before I stopped earlier in the year.)

I had a pretty good mix of teens, 20's and 30's but of coarse most of them are the 40's & 50's.

Not really any good key date's

We will see what next week brings with another 50 boxes.

AND OF COARSE PICTURES INCLUDED!

Happy Hunting,
Jason

Attachments

• CoinfindsSept7th.jpg
    CoinfindsSept7th.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 1,048
Upvote 0

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
I like the steel amount... that normal for you? more then 2 avg per box... didn't think you would find 1 avg per box

very nice, how do you lug out the boxes?

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
d2arcing said:
I like the steel amount... that normal for you? more then 2 avg per box... didn't think you would find 1 avg per box

very nice, how do you lug out the boxes?

The steel amount was very, very high. I dont lug the boxes out. I pull up to the back door(same one Loomis uses) and they load the boxes in the car for me. I also had to make two trips for the pick-up the weight is very heavy.

Jason

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Shake, You are amaizing as usual dude. What is your wheat count now. The steel number are incredible as well as 4 1909. wow.

Golden Silver

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
golden silver said:
Shake, You are amaizing as usual dude. What is your wheat count now. The steel number are incredible as well as 4 1909. wow.

Golden Silver
13,751 Wheats this year... Just over 20,000 since I started in August of last year.

+ or - a hundred or so.

yup 3 - 1909's and 1 - 1909VDB

Still hunting for the ellusive 1909S VDB.

Thanks for the compliments.

Jason

LastLuke

Tenderfoot
Aug 18, 2009
Wow, 50 boxes a week! That is incredible. How do you dump all of your rejects?

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LastLuke said:

Good question! It takes me a while just to dump two boxes.

Also, maybe I missed it. But did you find any Indian Heads in there?

-Codes

sir

May 29, 2007
It takes me nearly a year to get that many wheats and that sure is alot of steels you got there. I too would like to know how you get rid of so much coin.

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
LastLuke said:
Codes said:
LastLuke said:

Good question! It takes me a while just to dump two boxes.

Also, maybe I missed it. But did you find any Indian Heads in there?

-Codes
sir said:
It takes me nearly a year to get that many wheats and that sure is alot of steels you got there. I too would like to know how you get rid of so much coin.

It is easy to dump loads of coins when you have the right equipment :laughing7: I bag up the pennies in $50 plastic bags I get from my bank and bring them all in the back door and get rid of them. (takes about 15 minutes at the bank to dump $800 in pennies)

No Indian Heads with this batch..

Jason

Attachments

• minisort2.jpg
    minisort2.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 803
  • minisort2.jpg
    minisort2.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 808

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing. I've only done 6 boxes of pennies (plus a few customer rolls), and I realize that is a pretty small sample size, but I have found 12 wheats TOTAL. Amazing. Nice score.

Ifyndit

Dec 15, 2007
The Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Corte's, Golden Sabre II, Minelab X-Terra50
Hey Jason, you're back!

Just curious if you are going to pay me for the proof half dollars I sent you almost a year ago (April 2009). Remember, the trade we agreed on? I sent you the proof halves but never got anything in return except lots of PM's saying the coins were in the mail or they were going to be mailed in a couple days.

I think everyone thought you were gone but now that I see that you are back it would be nice if you settled the deal we had. I believe someone else on this forum had some financial issues with a trade that apparently you didn't follow through on.

Since you are now "back up to speed, kinda" how about we bump it all the way up to full speed and make good with our deals?

I would appreciate it and so would the other(s) who haven't received what was promised to them!

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Yes, this scammer is still MIA. He promised me he would send the coins I PAID for, numerous times, and always said they were coming "that day or the next". Yet a week later when I asked why they had not arrived yet he would say they were ... "coming in a day or two" again. WHich would make no sense since they were to come the week before in a day or two.

Never got the coins, a few others didn't either, and now he has moved on to other victims.

I also wonder about his wheat totals. He never had the issues with his Ryedale that others had. never needed to replace parts that we all need to replace at about 1,000,000 coins run throhg. Yert he would run that in a few weeks, and went months without replacing parts. I think the whole thing from day 1 was a scam. I no longer belive his claims of wheats found, or pennies searched, based entirely on his lack of needing maintenance on the machine. That should have been our hint. (And even with the maintenance AND the parts needing replaced, I still love my Ryedale. All machines need parts and maintenance)

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jrf30 said:
Yes, this scammer is still MIA. He promised me he would send the coins I PAID for, numerous times, and always said they were coming "that day or the next". Yet a week later when I asked why they had not arrived yet he would say they were ... "coming in a day or two" again. WHich would make no sense since they were to come the week before in a day or two.

Never got the coins, a few others didn't either, and now he has moved on to other victims.

I also wonder about his wheat totals. He never had the issues with his Ryedale that others had. never needed to replace parts that we all need to replace at about 1,000,000 coins run throhg. Yert he would run that in a few weeks, and went months without replacing parts. I think the whole thing from day 1 was a scam. I no longer belive his claims of wheats found, or pennies searched, based entirely on his lack of needing maintenance on the machine. That should have been our hint. (And even with the maintenance AND the parts needing replaced, I still love my Ryedale. All machines need parts and maintenance)

Did either of you get his address where you sent money to him or was it all through Paypal?

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
jrf30 said:

I was in the same boat with you on his claims, but my tipoff was when he claimed to find two flying eagle cents in rolls of cents from boxes. I can't see how those thick coins could have been recognized as cents. While obviously I have nothing to substantiate that doubt, this was purely for me what differentiated the believeable claims versus the so-far-out-there-that-I-would-have-to-see-it-to-believe-it claims.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
AGCoinHunter said:
jrf30 said:

Did either of you get his address where you sent money to him or was it all through Paypal?

I sent him money via post office to his address in Queensbury, NY. I'll PM you his address.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Did you contact the FBI about him?. interstate fraud is what it is. Maybe he needed funds to pay for his medical bills. Medical bills are a fraud too by the way. You can contact his local Police Department to do an attempt to contact. He might be scared so that he'll pay you. Of course, he's probably reading this forum too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread