2 boxes of Halves today

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Picked up my 2 boxes of halves today and opened them in front of the teller as I always do to see if they were all there. But I only looked at the top of these double stacked Brinks boxes.

When I got home to do my search I always open and flip the box over and remove the box when I did this I discovered that a roll was missing from the bottom half. :BangHead:

This has happend to me at least 4 times in the past 3+ years that I have been searching. I'm getting sloppy. :dontknow:

So I started out down $10 and that box was a skunk. But I managed to pull 5 40%'s from the 2nd box. :-\ Still out a couple of bucks........

Always validate your boxes before you leave the bank if you don't want to get shorted. Part of the game.....

Mojo

Upvote 0

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I almost don't want to know. I mean I am lazy to check and finding out after the fact would just piss me off to no end. I was shorted 3 halves in a roll once. I gained it back in silver though. Sorry about that mojo.

Golden Silver

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
So far I have never had a Brinks box that was short a roll. I have had a roll or two that did not contain 20 halves though in the past.

Jim

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Never got one of those double stacked boxes. Are they glued together? Do you think that someone pinched a roll ?
:thumbsup: on box 2

OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Rich Hartford said:
Never got one of those double stacked boxes. Are they glued together? Do you think that someone pinched a roll ?
:thumbsup: on box 2

No they have flaps and have paper tape to seal the box. That is the way they packed it. In the past if they dropped the box a roll would slip out and I would pull the top rows out to verify the count. But this box was fine with no damage I still Broke the seal and looked at the top row but did not look at the bottom rows. the Top rows were in order 5 x 5 & was supported by the bottom row because the 4 rolls were off by 1/2 a coin width. When I flipped the box over to remove the box over the coins that's how they were lined up. So I have to imagine that that is the way it got packed!....

Doh.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread