It finally happened!

detect4au

Nov 17, 2007
After hunting boxes for almost 2 years I finally got a good one. I rarely post, but I visit the forum regularly. I picked up six boxes on the way home from work. I always check them when I get home to see if any silver is showing. The third box has five rolls with silver on the end in the upper row (double stacked boxes). I always set the good box to the side and open it last. To my suprise, the fifth box has silver showing on 11 rolls!
None of the boxes were skunks. The first four boxes totalled 22 silvers. 7-90% 64's and 15-40's. The box that had five showing gave up 45-40's, all of which came from the five rolls that had silver showing, the rest of the rolls were skunks. Seeing that amount of silver come out of those five rolls meant get a beer (or 2) for the last box.
I decided to document the last box. I pulled out each roll and checked to see if the bottom side had silver. Out of the fifty rolls, only 15 did not have silver on the end. 10 rolls had silver on both ends. I knew this was going to be a great box.
I weighed each roll before opening it to try and guess what was in it. To my suprise, every roll had silver in it. The roll with the least silvers had three and a couple had four or five, but most had more. The best roll had 15! The box netted me 438-40% and 1-90%. :headbang: The total for the six boxes was 498-40% and 8-90%.
To date my best box had 53 BU 90% Bens and Kennedy's. The picture below is the total for the six boxes. What a suprise after over 60% of my boxes are skunks and most only produce a couple silver 40's. I hope more come my way and yours!
HH and cheers,
detect4au
IMG_1602.jpg

Upvote 0

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Nice find. My best box to date has been 38 keepers. A silver in every roll :icon_thumleft:

Maine_Jim

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had a fantastic day. Thanks for all the pics. Looks like a super dream box to me.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
The silver river is still flowing it seems. Love to see it but can't lie wish it were me.

Golden Silver

Fredness

Jul 16, 2009
Awesome - the one with the nail polish, is it a '69? I've found 2 '69's locally with the obverse covered in the same shade. WTF?

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the way you do it folks!!!!!!!!!

You get a dream box.......YOU TAKE PICTURES OF IT!!!!

Congratulations

OP
OP
D

detect4au

Nov 17, 2007
Thanks for all the replies! It sure was exciting to open roll after roll with silver so thick. It sure seems like there have been quite a few "dream boxes" lately. Obediah and wife with 2! I can only hope that my next boxes continue with some of these rolls.
Fred- The red fingernail polish is on the 68's, actually there are 2 of them with it. The picture above has from left to right, 64's, 65's, 66's, 67's, 68's, and 69's. Hope you all get into a box like this!
Cheers,
detect4au

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
detect4au;
Your post reinstills the rest of us with hope (as you know, CRHers are a hopeful bunch).
Dream box!! You made it last, and documented it well, which is very commendable.
Nice! Really, really nice!!
- Grizz

Fredness

Jul 16, 2009
detect4au said:
Fred- The red fingernail polish is on the 68's, actually there are 2 of them with it.
Cheers,
detect4au
Hmmm..... I'll have to double check mine, looks too similar to be a coincidence!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread