How long until you stash your silver away?

E

el_gral

Hey everyone!

As I sit here day after day watching and admiring my little pile of silver halves get bigger and bigger with each find I come to ask myself this. How many of you store, pack, hoard & stash your silver away not to see the light of day in a long time immediately after finishing up your boxes or coin roll hunting?

How many of you let it sit on your table or desk for a few hours to admire it, smell it (LOL), feel it and relish in the joys of discovery before putting them away?

How may let it sit there for days, weeks or even months? What do you do with the silver during this time? Do you take pictures, catalog your finds, or organize it in neat piles according to date?

Personally, I mildly rinse/wash my halves with warm water to release some of the bad smell than let the piles just sit on my desk for weeks and just admire them all the time, if im watching a movie, waiting for something or just plain old "chillin" I will grab a pile and let them run through my hands listening to the unmistakable sound of silver ringing in the air.

Ultimately when looking at my halves it still boggles my mind completely to think that 39 years after the last 40% was minted, these wonderful coins are still to be found!!!

Post your thoughts or habits if you so wish!!!

GREAT HUNTING EVERYONE! MAY YOU FIND MORE AND MORE SILVER!

Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Once it is stashed I never see it again. Coins that I got as a kid or metal detecting I have not seen in nearly 30 years.

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put them in the safe almost immediately after I clean up the wrappers and grime from my desk.

-Codes

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Silver Stripe said:
I'm in the back yard with a shovel and lantern bout midnight every night. HH Mark

I use my neighbors back yard he has 5 acres 2 of which is fully wooded, about once or twice month on average depending on whether find another dream box or not.

ronbo22

Oct 31, 2008
Florida
8 R€­Å£€Š™ said:
Hey everyone!

As I sit here day after day watching and admiring my little pile of silver halves get bigger and bigger with each find I come to ask myself this. How many of you store, pack, hoard & stash your silver away not to see the light of day in a long time immediately after finishing up your boxes or coin roll hunting?

How many of you let it sit on your table or desk for a few hours to admire it, smell it (LOL), feel it and relish in the joys of discovery before putting them away?

How may let it sit there for days, weeks or even months? What do you do with the silver during this time? Do you take pictures, catalog your finds, or organize it in neat piles according to date?

Personally, I mildly rinse/wash my halves with warm water to release some of the bad smell than let the piles just sit on my desk for weeks and just admire them all the time, if im watching a movie, waiting for something or just plain old "chillin" I will grab a pile and let them run through my hands listening to the unmistakable sound of silver ringing in the air.

Ultimately when looking at my halves it still boggles my mind completely to think that 39 years after the last 40% was minted, these wonderful coins are still to be found!!!

Post your thoughts or habits if you so wish!!!

GREAT HUNTING EVERYONE! MAY YOU FIND MORE AND MORE SILVER!

After that description, I think I need a cigarette.

midnight run

Mar 21, 2009
Silver Stripe said:
I'm in the back yard with a shovel and lantern bout midnight every night. HH Mark
Uhhhh, Hello?!? People can see you with a lantern. You are supposed to have an infrared spotlight and night vision goggles. duh

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
I use my neighbors back yard he has 5 acres 2 of which is fully wooded, about once or twice month on average depending on whether find another dream box or not.
[/quote]

Obediah;
If you are serious, you might want to reconsider your method. If something were to happen to you, or to your relationship with your neighbor, you (or your heirs) could conceivably have much difficulty legally retreiving your stash.
These are the main ingredients of buried treasure stories since time immemorial.
- Grizz

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
8 R€­Å£€Š™ said:

??? :o

And I thought I needed CRHer 12 step.

Jim

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish i could put it away......unfortunatly selling what i find is the only way im staying afloat....lol :'(

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
interesting, If I stashed mine away how then could I put my leopard speedo on and roll around in my hot tub full of silver. How I ask???

Golden Silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
Cherryman, I think you and maybe CCrazed would be the only ones interested. Just joking guys. LOL. Maybe I could have my wife fill in.

Golden Silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
All in good fun Cherryman. You left yourself open so I had to go in for the jab. But ofcourse I am joking

Golden Silver

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
I put my leopard speedo on and roll around in my hot tub full of silver.
thanks GS.....i just stuck a pencil in my minds eye

usually they sit on my nite stand until i post, then i look to see if i can fill a roll with same dates, if i can't then they go in a Crown Royal bag with the others. when i do get a full roll together then they go into storage. usually this is when i pull everything out and look and see what i accumulated....it's amazing what you forget you have unless you check from time to time. especially now that i'm getting older and forget things. sometimes its not a bad thing.....i get excited all over again as if i just found it. ;D
reminds me of a joke
doctor says to patient " i have some bad news for you....you have cancer. we found that you have alzhiemer's disease also"
patient says "man that sucks, but at least i don't have cancer"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread