Oh no - no brakes!

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I was out road tripping today before I went to work and had a little surprise - I blew out a brake line as I was pulling off the highway. To make matters worse I was getting ready to dump 3k in halves :o Last thing I wanted to do was leave my car at a garage with all these coins in the trunk. I had to drive about 5 miles through the city with no brakes and make it to my dump bank then make my way to 4 different garages to find one that would actually fix my car before Monday. It all worked out in the end and I even had a major wheat cent score at my dump bank with $14.50 in "old lady" coins. :D It did cost $140 to get my brakes fixed and strangely enough my shocks are all worn out. I guess carrying around a few thousand half dollars in your trunk might do a little bit of damage to them :sign10:

Maine_Jim

Upvote 0
OP
OP
maine_Jim

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Well - I was posting more about the brakes here and the trouble you can find yourself in when you have a trunk full of coins. I recall one post where someone got pulled over by a cop and had to explain all the coins in their car. I've often thought about the explaining I would have to do in that situation. This one was more like "oh ****, I gotta get rid of these coins." :tongue3:

Maine_Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread