Hit the dump bank, and got a BIG surprise....

voodoo13

Aug 20, 2009
Had to dump to day to get my funds back for next weeks searching. This branch just got a coin sorter, so they dont hate me as much anymore. :hello2: Well, after 30 minutes of trying to get my receipt, machine froze, I went to the teller I have built a relationship with. She smiles, and says "I have something for you" now, me being the dirty old guy I am, got very excited. (she is cute) Well, I was disapointed, but thrilled at the same time when she handed me not 1, but two MORGANS! 1885 & 1889 This makes numbers 15 & 16 that I have picked up this year.

Attachments

• ebay 006.JPG
    ebay 006.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 410
Upvote 0

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Wow she must really like you. All the tellers I know would snag them for themselves for sure. Congrats.

Golden Silver

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
GS,
He probably uses the same trick I use. I simply ask the teller for some Morgans, Gold Sovereigns, and Spanish Cobs, and they just fork them over.
Works everytime they have them.

OP
OP
V

voodoo13

Aug 20, 2009
Like Rich said, I ask. I always ask if they have any large dollars, old, or unusual coins. When I hit the small towns, in the middle of nowhere, it works the best. Last Winter I bought a bag of Ikes, $200+, found 11 Morgans! Teller told me the bag had been there "forever". All you have to do is ask...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread