Had a heartattack today!

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scored some silver dollars today. Of note was a 1879 Morgan. I didn't really think much about it, but my wife is saying "look it up" so I do. I see $1500-$3000. Luckily, didn'y rush over to stupidwager.com and place any bets on which Survivior cast member will get bitten by a poisoinuos snake while shaving.

oops That's for Trade dollars. Hey I'll still take the $17 melt value for a buck anyday!

Upvote 0

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007
Cool score. What years? Was it a counterfit Morgan with that date or a trade dollar?

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
Post a picture of both the front and back. Sometimes there are VAM's that are worth big bucks.

HH,
65GT350

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice luck on those finds. I never have found a Morgan, heck even the Iks are hard to get a hold of.

OP
OP
47thelement

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ALWAYS ask for large dollar coins. I never mention the word silver. I make a sour face when they show me presidential dollars or a Susan B. I am close to 20 Silvers so far this year (Peace/Morgans/"s"Ikes) just by asking. Lately the tellers have been saying they have big dollars if they don't have halfs.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
all i ever find when i ask for large dollar coins are ikes.....i got so tired of trying to get rid of them i rarely ask any more. however if they say "i don't have halfs but i have some silver dollars" i'll take them because they want to get rid of them and i look at it like i'm doing them a favor,(they're usually very happy to get rid of them) hopefully they'll remember me and save me something good. but looking at your success i may start asking for them again. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread