Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tinykin said:
(ie you put in $ 100 but you only get $99 back and the $1 is a fee for use)? Are they pretty accurate?
coinstar is down here and I think for $100 you only get $92 back. I wont use them cause my bank takes my coins at no charge.

Went past a coinstar machine last night, I always walk past them just close enough to see if anything was left in the reject tray. The machine was out of order. The screen said something like "do not worry, your coins are safe, please see the store manager" wonder what they did to shut down the machine :tongue3:

greg23

May 16, 2008
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
They have those machines at A&P food stores.I dont use them because they take too much of your money,but I always check the reject trays as well because you just never know.

HH

Greg

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
greg23 said:
They have those machines at A&P food stores.I dont use them because they take too much of your money,but I always check the reject trays as well because you just never know.
Yep, the last thing I found was a Canadian dime. They are programmed to reject them. I am sure they run a different program up in your area. :wink:

OP
OP
T

tinykin

Sep 13, 2009
from messages there seems to be coin machines in banks. Do they "charge" 8% as well?

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bank is free to anyone. You dont even have to have an account.

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got several banks with machines. I have an account with them, and they charge nothing. I dumped around $300 in nickels and $2200 in halves today with no problem. I have one bank that charges 8% for anything over $300/month, so I don't dump with them much.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Sometimes I wish my dump banks would have one in the lobby that way I wouldnt get the disgusted look from the couple tellers I do when I walk in. The only thing I really dump loose is pennies and only do it at 80 to 100 a pop. All others I try and reroll cause those the same cu in my town takes in rolls speeds up my searching to far to drive otherwise. Course I mark silver and mercs on side of rolls lol.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bank's counter has a magnet on the infeed, so newer Canadian coins stick to it and don't goo into the machine. I still find some in bags, so somebody is forcing them in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread