FINALLY.....

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
mistergee said:
i got a Log Splitter penny. my first 2009 anything. and i got it 50 miles from the mint around the corner from my home at Rite-Aid.....still haven't found anything in Philly.
right now I am averaging about 50 of them per 50 boxes a week.

average about 4 Log Cabins per 50 boxes.

I am actually suprised to see that many in circulation. But I get A LOT more wheats than I do 2009's if that tells you anything.

Jason

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
mistergee said:
i got a Log Splitter penny. my first 2009 anything. and i got it 50 miles from the mint around the corner from my home at Rite-Aid.....still haven't found anything in Philly.

I got one too last week in change at Kroger & spent it at Rural King :evil6: .

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've started getting the 3rd reverse in circulation down my way. Actually finding quite a few of the first 2 by buying bags.

stu123

Aug 16, 2009
I quess I am fortunate to have a bank that seems to have oodles of cabin pennys. The last box of pennies I bought from them had 33 rolls! I only have two rolls of log splitters. Haven't seen any of the other 2 designs at all. not even one. Though someone said they got one of them in change from 7-11. Nor have I seen a single 2009 nickel or dime, though I have about 2 2009 quarters.

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
I picked up 5 of the 'Lincoln at the courthouse' pennies on Saturday at a gas station 'take a penny' tray. When I was 40 miles away it occured to me that the teller must have had a least one roll. Where else would they have come from? I was tempted to drive back and ask.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread