PAY DIRT, FINALLY!!!

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Hello,
OK here is the story for a messed up week. I was planning on going to Canada to try my luck on their silver but Rich burst my bubble by telling me I need a pass port(which I dont have, YET!!!). So with my planned trip I did not order my 50 boxes for the week. So today looking to score some coins I went to a few banks. I have it made for a source bank because one bank will order everything I need so I dont frequent other banks hardly at all.
So here is the good stuff. I go in to a bank literally 2 miles from my house to see if I can get some rolls or boxes, I have not been here since I would say April of 2009. The teller just about jumps over the counter when she sees me and starts yelling I have some nickels for you, at first I thought 2009's. But she then tells me they have been there a few months she has been waiting for me to come in. The vault manager told her to bag them up and ship them to the fed's to get rid of them. She insisted that I would be in and hold them for me. So make a long story short I ended up getting 15 rolls of nickels in older wrappers.

I scored 378 Silver war nickels by far my best of my career on the nickels. The newest nickel was a 1957. There was no 1939D's or 1950D's.

They had no other coins from this lot, not sure where they got them I was too excited and forgot to ask.

All of this from a teller and bank I never visit a stone throw from my house, YOU JUST NEVER KNOW! And yes they will be getting donuts on Friday :thumbsup:

Happy Hunting,
Jason

Attachments

• 9-29-2009.jpg
    9-29-2009.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 515
Upvote 0

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatttttttt? Simply unreal SNB. Congrats! :thumbsup:

Mercury63

Oct 20, 2008
Shake - that was fate just like when my box order got screwed up and my sub coins yielded a solid roll of Buffaloes. Of course your score was 10 times that of mine. Congrats. p.s. -i love that photo.

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Mercury63 said:
Shake - that was fate just like when my box order got screwed up and my sub coins yielded a solid roll of Buffaloes. Of course your score was 10 times that of mine. Congrats. p.s. -i love that photo.

Thanks for the comments.
You should know by now I always like to show the BOUTY!!!

Jason

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome!!! Congratulations!! Make sure to check 'em for the '43P 3 over 2, '43P Doubled eye, and '45P DDR.

Once again, congratulations on a tremendous silver score!

Kindest Regards,
Kantuck

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
i LOVE when tellers say they have somethig they have been HOLDING for me. I KNOW it is good!

Cool find jason! Wonderful news. And you deserve it. :-)

COngrats on all the war nickels. W hen I saw the pictures, I recognized the war nickelsimmediately, without even reading the story.

That is a wonderful find. I don't know of anyone getting that many war nickels at one time. EVER. YOu did great!

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Major score! That has got to be a war nickel record, congrats! Thanks for the pic.

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome score ! And you were going to go to Canada to find some keepers................... 8)

Can't wait for Immy and Gman (our resident nickle kings) to weigh in on this one.

Again, mucho kudos.

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
That is why I never like to just restrict myself to one bank you never know what may be deposited anytime and anyplace. Another teller at that branch down the road could have had a friend that collects or customer and youd been out. All in the timing :hello2:

sir

May 29, 2007
Amazing, a huge pile of war nickels all thanks to your plans being cancelled.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread