2 box of halves and teller asked if I want 1300 in president dollar coins...

OP
OP
D

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
Rich Hartford said:
two is better than none :thumbsup:

I suppose, but when I first started I dumped proofs... now I want to collect a book I guess, but agree with you that boxes suck I guess.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
d2arcing said:
I don't really want the president coins,
are you talking IKE dollars? no coin counter will take them. but if I had the cash I would have grabbed them. Last bag I got of BIG DOLLARS (around $500 I think) I got a Morgan and a Peace dollar. I even once got a silver eagle round in a baggy of about $50 from a teller, also one of those IKEs was from a silver mint set.

davew0710

Oct 3, 2008
Western Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E Trac
d2arcing said:
can you run dollar coins throw a coin counter?

In my area some machines take the dollars, so don't. It seems that some machines can be set to take either dollars or halves, but not both. Other machine take both. I don't think any take the Ike's though.

OP
OP
D

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
I guess if they still got them next week I will ask if it is a mix or just all presidential coins. I want a morgan! :icon_sunny:

I don't like my coin counter it has 2 sides but only 1 bag for halves... but yet it looks to hold like 6 bags on each side

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
At least you did not get skunked. As long as I do not get skunked, I am happy.

Be happy - hunt well and find lots of cool stuff

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
the machines do take the presidential dollars and the Susan B's and the Sacagewea. they do not take the large dollar coins. i would only take the small dollar coins to look for errors and varieties. other than that they are worthless to me.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the modern president dollars --pass -- big dollars ikes and such yes

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
If the teller said president dollar coins than it should be pretty clear what that means; those annoying gold colored, quarter-sized implements of US Mint profiteering (but don't get me started) 8)

But yes, they run through all the coin counters I've ever run across.

If you're into errors, though, or just trying to complete an album; it may be worth buying them going through them and running the rest through a coin counter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread