anyone collecting/wanting proof Kennedys?

myprecious

Aug 2, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites BHID 300 / Bounty Hunter IV
Over the past 2 months of CRH for halves - i've set aside about 30 proofs - most clad, a few silver...

Anyone collecting these?

I was thinking about taking them to my dealer to see if they'd fetch anything more than 50¢...didn't get around to it yet though, and it'd be a shame to release them (clads at least) back into the wild. So i'll give the fine folks here first crack at it. Let me know if anyone wants them for their books...chances are I've got the date if it's not 1970-S...

Upvote 0

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
It may be worth it to try and fill up albums with them and sell them as a group. That is my plan. Good luck though.

Golden Silver

Ifyndit

Dec 15, 2007
The Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Corte's, Golden Sabre II, Minelab X-Terra50
Post them on Craigslist for $1.00 each or sell the entire lot for $30. That's what I have done and been quite successful. How often can you double your money?

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I have found and saved some nice proofs-both clad and silver. But one problem I see is that many proofs I found were scratched or otherwise imperfect. I got to where now I only save proofs if they are perfect (except for the silver ones-I keep all of those).

Anyone that is going to go out and buy one for a book or collection (a non CRHer) will probably only want one that is equal to what they can get in a Mint proof set. Most proof sets are fairly inexpensive when you are talking about the non silver issues. I have talked to a few coin dealers and they don't seem to want them, and all said that they rarely have customers who come in to buy them.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread