Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to my bank and picked up two boxes of halves, and had some interesting results. Each box contains 50 rolls. I went through the first box and found 1 40% silver half, which needless to say was quite disappointing. The next box gave up 119 40% silver halves, for a total of 120 between the two boxes. I thought that was really strange, the two boxes were complete opposites. Unfortunately there were no 90% halves, but that is the way it goes sometimes. The icing on the cake was I also found 3 1974D double die halves also, which makes a three year total of 71 on them puppies. Now comes the job of getting rid of them. Instead of rolling them up and turning them back in (which my bank would hate me for), I spend them any time I buy anything $10 or less. There are many other people out there who buy them from the places I spend them at (at least the folks behind the counter say so), which means if they squirrel them away then they will be out of circulation and I wont have to go thru them again at a future date. Once they are gone, back to the bank!!! ;D ;D ;D

Upvote 0

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri
Congradulations on your 120 40% halves!!! And on your double dies!! Man!! Nice job! :D No banks around here ever have halves. Do you live in a city with big banks, or what?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread