second rd trip in a row ends wit some nice silver again...

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
got out again today and got some bags. got some nice silver for the little time i spent.

$500 bag- 4 40%ers
7- proofs

$ 684 bag- 6 40%ers

day totals
7- proofs
4 -90%ers
12- 40% kennedys
2- buffalo nickels
1 - silver wartime
6- roosevelts
1-1939 Merc

did 2 boxes of quarters and got skunked

Upvote 0

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I'd be happy with those results!

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
ugotit22 said:
got out again today and got some bags. got some nice silver for the little time i spent.

$500 bag- 4 40%ers
7- proofs

$ 684 bag- 6 40%ers

day totals
7- proofs
4 -90%ers
12- 40% kennedys
2- buffalo nickels
1 - silver wartime
6- roosevelts
1-1939 Merc

U - Question - how do you check the proofs to see if they're silver? Can you tell from experience or do you weigh them?

JasonB

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
JasonB said:
U - Question - how do you check the proofs to see if they're silver? Can you tell from experience or do you weigh them?
JasonB

From a post earlier this week

"Yes, the older they are the tougher it may be to determine if it is a proof or not. Usually, I'll notice some part of the background, even close to the edge or in between the letters,may still have that mirrored finish. It will generally be in better condition than an (always) circulated coin and, in the case of Franklins, need to be from the Philly Mint (no mintmark)."

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
JasonB said:
ugotit22 said:

$500 bag- 4 40%ers
7- proofs

$ 684 bag- 6 40%ers

day totals
7- proofs
4 -90%ers
12- 40% kennedys
2- buffalo nickels
1 - silver wartime
6- roosevelts
1-1939 Merc

JasonB

jason,
i normally can tell because the coin looks almost smokey like, Its has nice shine and the eagle side normally pops out nice. As someone already said, if the coin has been kicking around for a bit, its alittle harder, but in all you can normally spot them if you lookk hard enough. Another give way for me is the rim. If its a proof alot of time the rim will look very shiney and the reeds will be almost sharp.
Keith

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Rich Hartford said:
Keith,
You got a good assortment of coins this week ! Great Scores :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

thanks rich
good luck next week.
by the way i bumped into your son "scoobasteve" a last week, we where both dumping lol. Like him and I where saying we should all get together one of these days and go on a long rd trip.
ttyl
keith

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Keith,

He told me that you both met while dumping. He said he had a good time talking to you, and a few laughs. We should all go together on a Canadian Road Trip. We could score a killing on the quarters and dimes. Have to do some research on getting a Canadian dump bank.

Best,

Rich

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Rich Hartford said:
Keith,

He told me that you both met while dumping. He said he had a good time talking to you, and a few laughs. We should all go together on a Canadian Road Trip. We could score a killing on the quarters and dimes. Have to do some research on getting a Canadian dump bank.

Best,

Rich

sounds like it will be fun
just let me know where and when and im in
plus i have like 200 canadian i need to get rid of

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread