Frustrated at the bank Today!

SMPress

Oct 5, 2009
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Blue and Gray, XLT, DFX, Spectrum V3, Beachhunter 300
So I went to a couple of banks today to dump coins from my first boxes this week.

The machine indicated a full bag almost immediately. I spoke to one woman, while another emptied the bags. She saw that I had a bunch of half dollars, and asked if any of them were from the 60’s. I said no, they are all newer from the last several years of getting them from teller’s trays, yeah, I lied… Anyway, as they pulled out the full bag, the ticket indicated 521 dollars; I noticed that it was full of SILVER! There must have been 400 or more silver coins in that bag! I asked if I could buy it, they said no. They were both looking through the clear plastic as I finished dumping. I asked again if I could buy it, they said no, it has to go to the reserve. As I was standing at the teller window to cash out, they were at a desk in the middle of the bank, and I overheard them talking about going in the back and opening the bag. That really pissed me off! :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :icon_pirat:

Upvote 0

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this is Chevy Chase bank, i ask every time I am at one and they always say no

I too dump at CC because of their machine. I always carry extra silvers in my pocket and here is why..

I ran into the same situation as you at CC, those extra silvers helped get into the back room and search their bag(BEFORE IT IS SEALED!!!)

I quickly look at the bags as they come off the machine and always say loudly "MY BIGGEST FEAR IS I DUMP THE WRONG BAG INTO THE MACHINE).

The one time I saw tons of silver in the bag, I then said "I Finally did it, I dumped the wrong bag!" "May please replace the coins in the bag with other ones?" I then grab my dump bag on the machine and put the extra silvers on top to show them there are silver in my dumps.

Don't know if it will work again, but it worked once.

BTW - I have been given permission to use a certain CC coin counting machine because I'm very gentle with it. I slowly put the coins in and no more than 1k per day. Bagels once a month dont hurt either

Has anybody been cut off from ordering @ CC?

OP
OP
SMPress

SMPress

Oct 5, 2009
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Blue and Gray, XLT, DFX, Spectrum V3, Beachhunter 300
I had planned to never order from CC, just dump there, but after today, I have decided to test the waters by ordering and dumping in the same branch, ostensibly with the blessings of the branch manager... I will let you know when they cut me off... :laughing7:

joad

Apr 15, 2009
East Coast
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
There machines are way too slow for me. I like the machines that hold 47000 coins in one big bin. I can dump 2k in les than 2 minutes.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, I would love to go somewhere that has big machines and not waste my entire lunch dumping. Do tell.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread