Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
slot machine CRH from the late 1980's

I did some yard sale hunting last saturday. I always ask if any one has any old coins. One old guy (probably 80) said he just got back from Vegas. He had brought about $200 in halves with him to play in the slot machines. He said the were half dollar slot winnings from 20 years ago that he had put away all this time. Well he forgot to play them while in Vegas. I told him I would buy them if they were what I collected. He looked everywhere and could not find them so I left my number and moved on. Yesterday he called me and said he sorted them by year. I was on the edge of my seat waiting for the results. I asked to just give me the count on all 1970 and older.

There were 2 40% and that was it! ???
Immy where were you in 1989? I bet you get better odds now.

Upvote 0

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: slot machine CRH from the late 1980's

cyberdan said:
I did some yard sale hunting last saturday. I always ask if any one has any old coins. One old guy (probably 80) said he just got back from Vegas. He had brought about $200 in halves with him to play in the slot machines. He said the were half dollar slot winnings from 20 years ago that he had put away all this time. Well he forgot to play them while in Vegas. I told him I would buy them if they were what I collected. He looked everywhere and could not find them so I left my number and moved on. Yesterday he called me and said he sorted them by year. I was on the edge of my seat waiting for the results. I asked to just give me the count on all 1970 and older.

There were 2 40% and that was it! ???
Immy where were you in 1989? I bet you get better odds now.

I was here, in my 4th year of hittin' the machines, but only nickels and pennies. Didn't start halves full time till 2005.

Throughout the 80s I think there was still silver fever from the Hunt Bros. activities so the slot pickins may have been similar to today.

Sorry the score wasn't what you hoped. >:(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread