GOLDEN SILVER ROAD TRIP RESULTS

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Golden Silver went back on the road this last week and did alright. First off...I would have done much better but I did not get the early start like I wanted. I did not get to the small town where I started until 1pm in the aftn. Usually I start when banks open. As a result I had to leave some of my scheduled pick-ups behind until the next trip which will be this thursday. My day started off poorly as I had a pick up at one bank for 700 dollars in halves. I had called ahead and gave them my name and when I would be in. They agreed to hold them until friday. I even had the name of the teller I talked to etc. Well I get to the town and call them to let them know I am on my way. The lady says do not bother because someone came in yesterday and bought them all. I said "what??" how did that happen when I gave you my name and told you I would be in friday!" She said...We thought he was you. " I replied did he give my name??? did he come in on the day I said I would? NO. She said that she had asked the guy if he had called and he said he could not remember if he had called that location or not. This guy was slick. To add insult to injury the guy bought about 200 worth went to his car unwrapped them found something good because she said he came back in immediately and purchased the rest. Owww. Oh well you can't win them all but still I wish people would stand by their word. She even laughed about it which made me want to rip her face off. So I moved on and ended up with 40 keepers.

(1) 1953 Ben
(1) 1964 Ken

(38) 40% ers

Not my best outing but still awesome compared to my box finds of late. I am back on road trips this thursday. I will fill you all in. Happy Hunting.

Golden silver

Upvote 0

capy325

Apr 9, 2008
golden silver said:
Golden Silver went back on the road this last week and did alright.
Kind of a 3rd person thing going on there and another Seinfeld flash back! Jimmy jump high... Jimmy likes those shoes... LMAO! Not a bad road trip even with missing out! Hope the next ones better!

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
I had one (Teller) last week who had 8 rolls all of them I could see were old rolls with writing on them, one roll she looked at and put back in her drawer, of the 7 I got all were clads 71 to 76 ;she obviously saw date on 8th Roll and decided NOT to give it to me. asked her about 8th roll she ignored me.

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
Yeah I like to mix it up a little bit. I would have loved to have started sooner but I had to do my military physical the morning of and there was no way around it. Next time I will leave at the crack of dawn and be there when they unlock the doors. I will be able to pick up more halves and find more silver. Thanks for the reply.

Golden Silver

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
Doesnt that chap your arse Obediah? I mean at least be slick about it and don't be rude by not responding when I am talking to you. Funny thing on this trip I hit one bank that had a couple of rolls with writing on them. It said" NO Silver" and on the other side said "Sell Moms" hahaha. I mean now at least that is creative.

Golden Silver

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
golden silver said:
Golden Silver went back on the road this last week and did alright. First off...I would have done much better but I did not get the early start like I wanted. I did not get to the small town where I started until 1pm in the aftn. Usually I start when banks open. As a result I had to leave some of my scheduled pick-ups behind until the next trip which will be this thursday. My day started off poorly as I had a pick up at one bank for 700 dollars in halves. I had called ahead and gave them my name and when I would be in. They agreed to hold them until friday. I even had the name of the teller I talked to etc. Well I get to the town and call them to let them know I am on my way. The lady says do not bother because someone came in yesterday and bought them all. I said "what??" how did that happen when I gave you my name and told you I would be in friday!" She said...We thought he was you. " I replied did he give my name??? did he come in on the day I said I would? NO. She said that she had asked the guy if he had called and he said he could not remember if he had called that location or not. This guy was slick. To add insult to injury the guy bought about 200 worth went to his car unwrapped them found something good because she said he came back in immediately and purchased the rest. Owww. Oh well you can't win them all but still I wish people would stand by their word. She even laughed about it which made me want to rip her face off. So I moved on and ended up with 40 keepers.

(1) 1953 Ben
(1) 1964 Ken

(38) 40% ers

Not my best outing but still awesome compared to my box finds of late. I am back on road trips this thursday. I will fill you all in. Happy Hunting.

Golden silver

Rich wasnt close to where you were at was he? :D

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
Lord knows he probably was. The dude has been everywhere twice.

Golden Silver

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I read the post that you were planning a road trip.but missed the post with the results until this morning.

Sounds like you had a good trip. Getting 40 keepers is good day.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread