Just a reminder, ask everyone for halves...

Fredness

Jul 16, 2009
New teller said she had $1.50
"O.K., I'll take it... does anyone else have any?"
She says no.
I ask if she could check.

- teller #2 - $10 (rolled)
- Drive-Thru - $5.00
As she was asking the Drive-Thru teller, the Asst. Manager heard and said - "Are you looking for halves?"
He had $280 in the vault that was gathering dust.

Turned out to be someones modern collection - post '70 sorted by date, with 3 solid rolls of Bicentennials, but still amazing to go from $1.50 to $296.50 in seconds.

Upvote 0

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Fredness,

Do you have any halves? Oh...you meant at the bank...I see.

I agree. I've had the same thing happen to me before, and I've gotten silver from the drive-throughs, when the tellers went to check. When I go to the one teller, no matter how many they have, I'll say "I was hoping for more than that, would any of the other tellers have any?" I'm always very polite and thank them very much for checking and wish them a good day, no matter the result.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always press the point to ask the other tellers. A lot of times the teller is just too lazy to stand up and go check. Numerious times I have started to buy something and either another teller will overhear and say they have halves, or know of halves in the vault. Most banks here have vault sheets that they check to see the count of whats there. I have asked them to check that before. Some tellers really go out their their way, majority are just lazy.

OP
OP
Fredness

Fredness

Jul 16, 2009
I only have a handful of local banks that do the vault sheet, the others have a vault manager that runs the show.
The ones without the vault sheets tend to be the toughest.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread