Do you think silver will hit $20 this month?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no but Gold Will hit $1100

Maybe even Today yet

ScoobaSteve

Nov 28, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTX500
Believe it or not there are very many factors involved in the value of silver. For example, the FDA is currently making an attempt to regulate silver because of people making colloidal silver at home. I don't think that silver will hit 20 this month but it is possible that silver can hit 20 over night, just as gold can go up 100 - 300 a day. There is a lot of uncertainty in our economy and the market but one thing that I am certain of is the rise in value of precious metals.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
ScoobaSteve said:
For example, the FDA is currently making an attempt to regulate silver because of people making colloidal silver at home.

I believe what you are referring to are nano-silver products which are taken like a medicine/drug (i.e. colloidal silver). There is nothing they (the FDA) can do to regulate the precious metal silver itself--such as coins, bars, silverware, etc.

Jim

ScoobaSteve

Nov 28, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTX500
jim4silver said:
ScoobaSteve said:
For example, the FDA is currently making an attempt to regulate silver because of people making colloidal silver at home.

I believe what you are referring to are nano-silver products which are taken like a medicine/drug (i.e. colloidal silver). There is nothing they (the FDA) can do to regulate the precious metal silver itself--such as coins, bars, silverware, etc.

Jim

Correct me if I am wrong but there are 2 companies that sell .9999 gauged silver wire specifically for making colloidal silver at home. I know the FDA can't regulate the metal itself, coins, bars etc but I think that the FDA can regulate the use of silver in consumable products etc which would or could impact the silver market.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
ScoobaSteve said:
jim4silver said:
ScoobaSteve said:

Jim

Correct me if I am wrong but there are 2 companies that sell .9999 gauged silver wire specifically for making colloidal silver at home. I know the FDA can't regulate the metal itself, coins, bars etc but I think that the FDA can regulate the use of silver in consumable products etc which would or could impact the silver market.

I don't follow the whole collodial thing so I don't know for sure. I would never take the stuff in that I have seen people who look like "papa smurf" from taking too much or for too long.

But the FDA can only regulate food/drug type things. They could pass a law perhaps stopping companies from marketing products to people for certain purposes.

How would that impact the silver market/price? I am sure the use of silver to make colloidal silver is so very small I don't see how that would affect supply/demand.

Jim

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
CCrazed yup you did it you got another post added to your number! :hello2: And yes, it will pass 20 soon.

golden silver

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Think in another 3 years
Silver will either hit $20 again
or Be $4.00 an OZ.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thrillathahunt said:
Hey Jeff, gold reached $1102 today.

Was So Close I Figured they would
Cause a Spike Over :thumbsup:

Will Probably drop $10.00
on a Correction Shortly Now

before rising above for longer

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been buying Walkers in quantity @ 12 X face, only because they're my favorite. I hope for $20 and then the moon! ffd

jersey devl

Mar 2, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro: Cortes,Tiger Shark,& Vaquero
Man last year at this time I was calling for $25 silver by 03/09 and boy with the bailouts and what not did I get to taste my own foot...That is one unpredictable market! Buy and hold...it'll get there. :dontknow:

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is an interesting fact I dug up.

In 1949 our government owned 6 BILLION ounces of silver. Today it owns none.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jersey devl said:
Man last year at this time I was calling for $25 silver by 03/09 and boy with the bailouts and what not did I get to taste my own foot...That is one unpredictable market! Buy and hold...it'll get there. :dontknow:

I sold off the Bulk of my Silver Coins & Jewelry in the $19.00 Range
Right after it Dropped off the $20.00 Mark So
no real Regrets for me

YET

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread