2nd Dime bag & other found coins

gravybro

Jun 29, 2009
Eastern panhandle of WV
2nd Dime bag & other found coins

Went to the bank Monday of last week in an attempt to follow up on the huge score from my first dime bag. And was told that no bags were available, at that time. Teller told me that bank tried to balance incoming coins (boxes) and outgoing coins (bags). In effect, paying for coin box orders with bagged coins. Can't figure why that makes sense to them.

Went back last Friday, and bags were available again. So I got another dime bag. Got 'only' 9 keepers (no mercs) and assorted trash (11 zinkers and one steel canadian 10 center). Still that paltry yield is about twice what I have found over the long term in boxes. 19 keepers in about thirty boxes.

At another bank I picked up $200 in halves (this is the only bank in my area that keeps halves in stock). Found 5 40% ers. And just for the fun of it, I bought $200 in dimes - all they would let me have. Found one rosie. This bank is supplied by Dunbar. I just wanted to see if their rolls were any better than the boxes I've gotten from the Loomis and Brinks serviced banks.

In my area, the minimun order for halves is $1000. Which is delivered in 2 $500 boxes. A few months ago I tried 2 boxes from Loomis . . . skunk. A little later I got 2 from Brinks . . . Skunked again . . . and about half of the coins had big fat X's on them from a sharpie.

It looks like my Dunbar bank is the best for halves. And bags seem to be much better for dimes, in my area.

Attachments

• 11-15-2009_021.JPG
    11-15-2009_021.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 238
  • 11-15-2009_023.JPG
    11-15-2009_023.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 250
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread