Something has changed?

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
The last couple of weeks my boxes orders have changed. I started getting older looking boxes from my brinks supplier and my Loomis boxes looked different as well. For the last 3 weeks my Loomis rolls switched from yellow & white to Black and white and seems the coins were mostly 70's 80's & mid 90's same with the recent Brinks boxes the mid 90's coins all looked new. and then today my Loomis suppliers actually delivered the older looking Brinks boxes.

Something is going on ? Am I tapping into the bottom of the pallet finally. the production of these boxes has been hit & miss a couple of skunks with a 20+ keeper box mixed in. up until 3 weeks ago my best producing boxes only yielded 3 or 4 keepers with a couple of proofs and newer NIFC's mixed in and now the newest coins I'm seeing are mid 90's?

Should I up my order? I might be tapping into an old pallet. Some of the boxes actually show signs of fading and discoloration and dust. I'm holding my breath. I think Loomis has run out and bought from Brinks to fill their orders.

What cha think?

Mojo

Upvote 0
OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
DrDetector said:
Mojo:

I think the most likely reason is because there are more and more boxes of halves being ordered by CRHers. Like Obediah was saying, most direct suppliers will keep a typical, historically predictable amount of each denomination in stock at any given time. Lately, with more CRHers, those supplies are being depleted faster and then they need to order from either another supplier or the Federal Reserve

Only problem here is that us CRH's turn our coins back in same day (my situation) and those should be redistributed in fresh new rolls and boxes within a short period of time as I have found over the course of the last 3 years & with more people ordering boxes there should be a larger volume of coins being orderd hence more turned in, creating a glut of cashed in coins, not a shortage. (due to all the new CRH's) My only thought is that the coins I'm turnning in suddenly have vanished (none of my own tags seen in the last 2 months)

Mojo

50centman

Feb 25, 2008
Mojo,
Your supplier has run out or very low. When that happens they can technically go to any of the other suppliers and get coins from them because all of the suppliers are considered part of the Fed as the Fed doesn't process coinage anymore. There are simply more people ordering coins now putting stress on some suppliers that have higher volume. Halves are a very fragile system and can get overwhelmed easily. New people order boxes only to find for the most part there's not much there in most areas. Maybe unemployment is part of the picture too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread