Week Three: three weeks of CRH

obsessedwithsilver

Sep 26, 2009
Was hopeful this week as my business activities were taking me to a few other cities. Managed to get a few silver halves on Monday and Tuesday.

On Wednesday I was able to hit banks I'd never been to. At one bank as the teller was handing out 19 rolls to me when she stopped and whispered something into a coworker's ear. She had read "68-69 keep" on the side of one of the rolls. Well I wasn't about to get cheated like I had been two weeks prior (four Peace dollars) and I told her that I knew very well what those words meant. She just mumbled "oh well" and completed the transaction. That lot actually contained two dream rolls of 40% halves. I also scored a near dream roll (14 40's) and several more 40's at another bank as well.

On Thursday I managed to buy over 50 rolls in a new area in less that a half hour. However, nearly all were skunks. I managed a few 40's, an Abe Lincoln token and a cool Australian half dollar (.811 silver).

Friday proved to be the best day of the week. The first shotgun wrapped dime roll I opened contained two Rosies. I bought 42 hand rolls of halves of which four were dream rolls of 40's. I also scored two proof Ikes, a really sweet 1968 proof (40%), 1977 clad proof, 1971 Peso, a few NIFC halves, several pre-1960 nickels, 1944 Mercury, 1942s war nickel and a few foreign dimes. Later that day I hit another bank and two out of the five rolls I bought were dream rolls of 40's (most were BU).

Overall, this was probably the second best week at CRH I have ever had. (see pic below)

OWS

Attachments

• week3.JPG
    week3.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 331
Upvote 0
OP
OP
O

obsessedwithsilver

Sep 26, 2009
I actually live in a very large metropolitan area. I hit every bank I can. On a typical day I will try to hit between ten and twenty banks. I have developed sort of a route so that I can hit different suburbs of the city I live near each week. I have found many, many marked rolls so I know I am not the only CRH out there. I will say that the early bird gets the worm and I will occasionally hit a bank that has had halves for a very long time but this is rare. I have been counting on volume to keep my numbers up.

As for the dimes, I search about 1k a week in hand rolls and have gotten very lucky on the dimes four times. Those four scores account for about 80% of the silver dimes I have gotten.

I only have 8 Bens and 1 Walking Liberty. I guess you have to search boxes to get stuff like that.

OWS

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Not necessarily. I have gotten solid rolls of bens and walkers on road trips.

Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread