1-3-6 Roll Hunt

Hothgar

Aug 1, 2005
Upvote 0

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Hey, not bad on the nickels. I haven't found a war nickle yet,but I think I will before to long. I've had the same disappointing results on dimes and quarters-I haven't found any silver. About a month ago I received a Mercury dime in my change and I just about fainted. I felt like jumping up and down in the store when the clerk gave it to me,but I kept my composure until I got outside let out a big YEAH! ;D

I was wondering about the Canadian pennies, and why a lot of people are collecting them. Is it because they like the design or are they difficult to get? Just curious,thanks.

I hope you find some more keepers Hothgar. I bought $42.00 in pennies today, so I'm going to be searching thru them tonight. I'll post what or if I find anything.

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Canadians arent worth keeping unless they have the older head on them or are an error coin. I keep all from about 1961 and back I think.

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a by-year collection of Canadians so I add the newest ones and any before 1965 go in a plastic tube. Still haven't found a 2004 or 2005 yet. The 1937-2005 set fits nicely in a blue plain "Cents" Whitman folder with 20 years of room left. Nickels and dimes also fit in their respective folders.

Wow, a Merc in change! That's amazing pw! Did you peek into the cash drawer to see there were any more?

Today's $30 in nickels:

1943S silver (woo hoo!)
1946S (keeper!)
1947S
1957D
1958D (2)
1959D

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Wow Immy, you got a silver nickel today. YEAH!! ;D Congrats.

No, by the time the clerk handed me the change the cash register drawer was closed-so I didn't have time to look inside. As I'm thinking about it now, if I get a next time and something like this happens I think I will make an extra purchase(whatever it is) just to get some additional change and a look into the drawer. I should of thought of that sooner. :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread