Question....

placerman

Oct 11, 2005
I get my boxes from two banks.

The first bank has been very good to me. Ive done 22 boxes through them and been skunked just 3 times. My average there is just under 2% silver. Over the last three weeks it is running 2.4%. That doesn't include 38 proofs found there as well.

The second bank has been the exact opposite. I don't do nearly as much through them but my average is still very low. My average there is a paltry 0.2%.

Both banks get their coins from the same company. The boxes are identical. One gets its coins on Tuesday and the other on Wednesday. That's the only real difference.

Maybe over time the averages for both banks will even out but I'm at a loss to explain why one is doing so well and the other is doing so poorly.

Does anybody know how these delivery companies work? Is there something different that they do on certain days of the week that might explain this?

Upvote 0

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Your delivery truck may have the same name on it but they can pick up from different suppliers. In my area which has a Fed,but nobody has access to their inventory, most of the carriers use a central warehouse for picking up coins. When I ask around, I can find banks within sight of each other that both use Loomis but one of them gets the double stack boxes from Loomis and can't get bags and the other bank gets the flat boxes and can order me bags.
If you happen to look at our forum during the evening there are hundreds of guests looking in on us. And those are just the ones we can see. This hobby is growing very fast and with silver approaching $20, it will get harder to keep consistent numbers with all the new competition. Cheers, Jim

OP
OP
P

placerman

Oct 11, 2005
Thank you for your answer.

I guess I got into this a little later than most.

Ill probably up my order with the first bank and try to ride this out as long as it lasts. This has been so much fun, especially opening a roll and counting 3 or 4 silvers in each one and repeating that over and over...

I'm seeing a lot of people bringing their coins in for cash at the banks lately. Lots of silver coins as well. But when I ask the tellers they all say they don't have any, or they are required to not cherry pick, etc. I know that's BS.

OP
OP
P

placerman

Oct 11, 2005
Maybe I could find out some other banks near me that get deliveries on Tuesdays?

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a similar situation with my banks placerman. One bank that I order from has given me great returns, the same bank a few blocks down the street, I have found nothing in their boxes. The boxes are from completely different suppliers. One would think branches from the same bank, within sight of each other would use the same supplier. I have yet to figure this out...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread