Penny boxes are getting boring

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
thrillathahunt said:
.....after the last few only average about 8 or 9 wheats per box (all 40's and 50's) I think I want to try either nickel or dime boxes now.

Anyone do dime boxes on a regular basis? Get much silver?

Haven't done much in the past couple of months but I used to go through a lot of dime boxes (and will again).
Dime boxes are fun to do. Once in a while you can pick up some old ones. I get less skunk boxes with dimes than I do with halves. I've probably averaged 1-2 keepers a box factoring in the skunk boxes. Best box had 11 keepers.
You don't get a lot but they add up over time.
Give it a try.
Good luck
Rich

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
I like to search nickels because they're bigger than pennies, and they give you less finger grime. I used to like to search penny boxes, but once I found a buffalo and some war-nickels, it got me hooked.

BurnedSpy

Aug 22, 2009
thrillathahunt said:
.....after the last few only average about 8 or 9 wheats per box (all 40's and 50's) I think I want to try either nickel or dime boxes now.

Penny boxes are great, and cheap, especially when you have a box of something else and didn't find anything. I usually average 14 wheats a box, but friday, when I did my box, I got 4. Fortunately, one was a 1910 which made me happy, making it my oldest wheat. Just think that you also can find an indian. I did once.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
thrillathahunt said:

Have only done 1 Dime Box (got 1 Rosie), have picked up customer rolls B4 but never found anything other than a penny in a dime roll.
There for me being unemployed, is just not enough Silver in anything but halves to make it worth doing them; my totals for year are well over 4k and about 800 are %90's .

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, my son and I found an Indian head in our first box. Beginner's luck, but it has been down hill from there.

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
obediah, wow that is impressive. I don't have the money or the time too get that heavy into half dollars though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread