CRH Equipment

Dec 7, 2009
Hello , ... I'm pretty new with this and I'm wondering if you folks could share some ideas relative to your Coin Roll Hunting Equipment ...? :icon_scratch: I'm searching 8 boxes of halves a week ( 2 a day ) and attached is a photo of my gear ... A collapsible hand-truck and a small heavy~duty tool bag ... I know, I'll look like a plumber ... but, at least I won't be moving with boxes clearly marked "$500 Dollars" ! I'd be grateful to learn of any helpful hints in regard to this subject ...

Thanks ! :coffee2:

M :hello:

Attachments

• 12.07.2009 005.JPG
    12.07.2009 005.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 501
Upvote 0

supn9

Oct 21, 2009
That hand truck is and excellent idea. Maybe get something to help open rolls with. Im not sure what your plan is. To use coin machine or dump the rolls at banks. So if you want to save the rolls get some utility knife and scotch tape. Also, if you'd like you can think about something to do about the dirty coins and how to keep your hands cleaner.

OP
OP
Motor_scootah_boi
Dec 7, 2009
Oh yea, ... I use GoJo Natural Orange Pumice Hand Cleaner for my hands ( more plumber stuff :D ) ... I don't worry about saving the paper rolls ... I am blessed with many coins counting machines in my area ...

M

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Motor , Welcome aboard ! I have found a few plastic 1 gallon sized paint buckets to be
very handy in the search phase -throw the rejects into the buckets - and in the dump phase
dump the bucket into a coin counter . The buckets were purchased at Sherwin Williams - a
regional or maybe national supplier of paint and equipment . Get buckets with tight fitting
lids for transport . Happy Hunting ! Argentium.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
nyiangelo said:
Man yall sure are taking it easy. I just carry 4 boxes at a time. Maybe I'll learn my lesson when I drop one.

I did that last Wednesday. I was carrying 4 boxes up my back stairs and lost the top box. Saved me time on opening up the rolls :laughing7:

Rich

thing

Aug 8, 2009
Wow 4 boxes!!! Thats 100 ponds. How do you guys manage? 3boxes is my absolute limit and that can hurt my back. I typically place 2 in my packpack and carry one in my arms. I cant recall seeing tellers carry more then 3. Are you popeye?

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
thing said:
Wow 4 boxes!!! Thats 100 ponds. How do you guys manage? 3boxes is my absolute limit and that can hurt my back. I typically place 2 in my packpack and carry one in my arms. I cant recall seeing tellers carry more then 3. Are you popeye?

Im young and dumb. Rich loves showing off his "guns" as you can see he is flexing in his pic. ;D

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How well does your scooter handle all those halves??? :tongue3:

Just messin' with ya. My CRH equipment consists of my arms, which are used for holding my boxes and my legs, which transport my body out to my car. I don't pick up more than two boxes of anything at a time so I don't need any heavy duty equipment.

-Codes

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually carry either two bags or 1k each or 4 boxes at a time. Makes for a good workout. Although I don't have the same physical prowless of Rich Hartford :D I can hold my own juggleing bags/boxes and keys to unlock the trunk of my car.

OP
OP
Motor_scootah_boi
Dec 7, 2009
UPDATE: ... I find myself these days using my plumber bag more than the hand truck ... When I pick up boxes from the bank, I pay for two and carry then each one, individually out to the car, putting them into the trunk, ... one into my plumber bag ... When I reach my community, I carry one box at a time in the bag into my home, so that the nosy neighbors can't see my business ... :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Motor_scootah_boi
Dec 7, 2009
Poppa's Gotta Brand New Bag .... ! I mean my new plumber bag ... The way I see it is; as the economy worsens , and unemployment rises , prying eyes mean trouble for those of us moving with large sums of cash ... This is more about security than it ever was about ease of movement, or who is strong enough to carry this or that many boxes, for exercise or whatever ... Face it, ... If thieves knock you off while transporting 4 boxes, if they don't kill you outright , or hurt you real bad , ...you'll have one a hell of a time getting your balance sheet into the black again ... Safety First is what I am saying ... :hello:

M

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread