I am in need of some honest and serious help

sathmcnugent

May 2, 2008
Hey everyone, I am in need of some help. I am willing to accept any serious ideas..here goes..I am in need of ways to make and save 2500 dollars as soon as possible.my fiance just discovered she has stage 3 stomach cancer..its said to be treatable..so we have hope..I NEED to make this happen for her if God forbid something happen to her..One of her biggest dreams is to see Alaska..I have been saving and its so hard because I am a broke college guy..I graduate in 2 weeks though..but her dreams are my dreams..and I want nothing more in this world than to make her dreams come true!!..it makes me wanna cry as I type this..I have been saving aluminum cans..taking walks looking for change on sidewalks..I do have a job for any of you who may suggest that..its a piddly little job..but damnit..it would mean so much to make this happen for her..Good God how amazing it would be to give this to her as a Christmas gift..im running out of time though :(..shes not much for letting people know shes got this..she thinks people treat her different when they know..so fundraiser things i dont think would be a grand idea..any help or ideas would be GREATLY appreciated..thanks in advance everyone!

Upvote 0

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
Well you might wanna see if you know someone who has some frequent flyer miles they can donate to the trip. Some airlines let you combine the miles. That might help. Good luck.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
do some serious CRH and i mean serious. If you find the new 09 nickels or dimes and can hit paydirt.

OP
OP
S

sathmcnugent

May 2, 2008
Thanks for the idea..I never thought of that..what I need is to get one of those lucky boxes of halves with about 700 90%ers in it..that would give me close to enough cash

OP
OP
S

sathmcnugent

May 2, 2008
Another thing..I graduate in two weeks..well im sure you all know..with the way the economy is..heck i dont know if Ill find a job right away..worries me alot..I know this is way off the topic of coin roll hunting..but i know theres alot of traffic on here and I know there are good people out there who can help me generate ideas

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
sathmcnugent said:
Thanks for the idea..I never thought of that..what I need is to get one of those lucky boxes of halves with about 700 90%ers in it..that would give me close to enough cash

no im not talking about silver. A box of new 09 p dimes goes for about 1k on ebay. Nickels are even more. And they are out there i found 2 09-p dime boxes last month, U just need to look.

OP
OP
S

sathmcnugent

May 2, 2008
ok..well..wouldnt you just ask for a box at the bank? or perhaps order one? thats crazy stuff if people are willing to pay that for a box of new coins...if you cant order them then I would assume that the chances of finding a box like that is more slim than beating stomach cancer..I mean I appreciate the thoughfulness..dont get me wrong..I knew people buy them by the rolls on e bay..i just would think you could order a box...just as people did with the statehood quarters..atleast I did in the beginning few years...its a thought that I will consider though..thank you much sir!!

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Your fiance is young? and has stomach cancer? Odd to see young people get cancer. Is she doing chemo? I hope she has insurance. There are also new treatments in the works. I recommend doing clinical trials if the chemo doesn't work. Look into "Rexin-G" which seems to be revolutionary in its treatment for advanced metasized cancers. I believe it's passed FDA's phase 1/2 in trials and so that means it has been found to be safe (phase 1 trials test for safety) and the results are very promising. I believe they're opening enrollment for phase 2/3 trials early next year 2010. I would look into it if chemo doesn't work. Contact Epeius Biotechnologies for clinical trial dates and locations. Typically, treatments in clinical trials are free. I have no affiliation with Epeius. I myself have had some abdominal pains for a few months and one day fearing the worst I did research for the latest cancer drugs and ones that are in the process. Rexin-G looks the most promising. I know that this is a coin forum but life is important than coins. Hope this info helps. Good luck

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
i am very sorry to hear this about your wife. i hope things work out for you two. BTW where are you located? if you are near Philadelphia pm me i may be able to help you find work. i also have contacts in N.J. who may be able to come up with something. i wish there were more i could do to help.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where are you located? If people knew they might have ways to help.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
sathmcnugent said:
Hey everyone, I am in need of some help. I am willing to accept any serious ideas..here goes..I am in need of ways to make and save 2500 dollars as soon as possible.my fiance just discovered she has stage 3 stomach cancer..its said to be treatable..so we have hope..I NEED to make this happen for her if God forbid something happen to her..

You can always sell the gun. Wasn't that worth $2K- 3K?

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My idea is not very good, but it's based upon a true story of a friend of mine. Two of my friends decided to go on a three month backpacking trip across Europe. Only one was hardworking, responsible, and could afford it.

The other took out a bank loan for $6000 so that he could go. He also racked up a credit card debt to the tune of a few thousand more buying really nice supplies that he couldn't afford and paying for expenses while in Europe. He had never really held a steady job, but during that period, credit was easy to come by. Anyways, he went, had incredible adventures and a gained lifetime of fond memories. He planned to get a job and pay off the loans and credit cards when he returned to the US. Once he'd returned however, he decided that paying back the loan and credit card debt would be too much work. He found that it would be easier to declare bankruptcy and went fishing rather than work. I'll end that story here.

I'm not saying that you should be the "other" guy, but if you need something immediately, sometimes it's worth it to pay a little extra. Just be responsible with any debts that you may incur. (Word of caution: Credit card companies are evil and should only be used as a last resort)

I hope that things turn out for the best for the two of you.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Kantuckkeean said:
My idea is not very good, but it's based upon a true story of a friend of mine. Two of my friends decided to go on a three month backpacking trip across Europe. Only one was hardworking, responsible, and could afford it.

The other took out a bank loan for $6000 so that he could go. He also racked up a credit card debt to the tune of a few thousand more buying really nice supplies that he couldn't afford and paying for expenses while in Europe. He had never really held a steady job, but during that period, credit was easy to come by. Anyways, he went, had incredible adventures and a gained lifetime of fond memories. He planned to get a job and pay off the loans and credit cards when he returned to the US. Once he'd returned however, he decided that paying back the loan and credit card debt would be too much work. He found that it would be easier to declare bankruptcy and went fishing rather than work. I'll end that story here.

I'm not saying that you should be the "other" guy, but if you need something immediately, sometimes it's worth it to pay a little extra. Just be responsible with any debts that you may incur. (Word of caution: Credit card companies are evil and should only be used as a last resort)

I hope that things turn out for the best for the two of you.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Maybe they are evil partially because people like the guy you mentioned knowingly and willingly stiff them. I am not defending the high rates and late fees, etc, that credit card companies impose, but if people paid off their card each month there is no interest or late fees (at least for now). I get cash back on one of my cards, so I can actually make money using it as long as I pay the balance each month.

Nobody likes to not get paid back when they "lend" money or provide goods/services.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread