Todays 30 Rolls and Someones account numbers.....

GlassyEyed

Oct 15, 2009
Miami, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Tesoro Tiger Shark & Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's 30 Rolls and Someone's account numbers.....

I went through 30 rolls today and only got 2 90% keepers. I knew it was going to be a bust since almost all of the rolls were marked with names and scotch taped up on the ends.

Here is my warning to someone out there...

Many of the rolls I got today had a name on them, some even had a stamped (same) name with an address. Some had the name and a phone number and others had the same name and an account number written on the roll. So from my 30 rolls I got the persons name, address, phone number, and account number!

Be careful out there guys and gals...apparently the banks aren't to concerned with sharing your information.

Upvote 0

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Re: Today's 30 Rolls and Someone's account numbers.....

GlassyEyed said:
I went through 30 rolls today and only got 2 90% keepers. I knew it was going to be a bust since almost all of the rolls were marked with names and scotch taped up on the ends.

Many of the rolls I got today had a name on them, some even had a stamped (same) name with an address. Some had the name and a phone number and others had the same name and an account number written on the roll. So from my 30 rolls I got the persons name, address, phone number, and account number!

Be careful out there guys and gals...apparently the banks aren't to concerned with sharing your information.

It is not the Banks writing the numbers names on them, at least the ones I have found; have called the numbers on some and every one was an elderly fella, well one was a CRH'er in Mo, but he too wrote it on there himself. I'd never do that, one Bank told me to do that I said did not want my mane & ph. number on rolls she relented said if any were short they'd take it back out of account- I said no problem.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

Glassy,

I wouldn't complain to the bank about it because they will stop selling rolls. I see it all the time on rolls. I just mind my own business.
HH
Rich

OP
OP
GlassyEyed

GlassyEyed

Oct 15, 2009
Miami, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I meant was...

If you write all your info on a roll...the bank is not going to worry about turning it around and handing back out.

It was obvious the person themselves wrote all of their own information on those rolls. I was just throwing out a warning about divulging so much information to the general public.

Also...whomever is doing this...I wish they would leave me more silver :0) They have really cleaned this area out.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

GlassyEyed said:

GE, sorry you think two 90's to be a bust. I consider that a good find. Go thru 10-15 $500 boxes without finding even a single 40 - happens a lot!
Names and account #'s should be removed by tellers before customer purchase. Should happen but does not always. Many banks will not accept rolls from customers without that info on the roll. ffd

silvereagle78

Mar 14, 2009
The Burgh PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Whites SilverEagle

Finding account #'s happens to me alot. I just take it upon myself to either shred or cut up the holders. If I were asked to put my info on the rolls I would find another dump bank.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008

I would not want my account number on a roll of coins.

But.....There is probably not much harm that can be done if somebody got your account number that way, even if your name was along with it.

When you pay by a check, your name, address and account number are right there on the face of the check. Some not so bright individuals actually have their social security number pre-printed on their checks still. I have seen this myself and I cannot believe the bank or company that prints checks would let somebody put their social security number pre-printed on a check.

Jim

supn9

Oct 21, 2009

Oh man, why did they do that? Go back and tell them you sold me rolls with someones info on them.

Some tellers wants account numbers on the rolls. It usually takes a few more things and the account number to withdraw money. And for online purchases or wire its simpler i think.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE

jim4silver said:
I would not want my account number on a roll of coins.

But.....There is probably not much harm that can be done if somebody got your account number that way, even if your name was along with it.

When you pay by a check, your name, address and account number are right there on the face of the check. Some not so bright individuals actually have their social security number pre-printed on their checks still. I have seen this myself and I cannot believe the bank or company that prints checks would let somebody put their social security number pre-printed on a check.

Jim

True

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania

most times the tellers i have run into take a black marker and cross out the info before giving me the rolls. however i have also ran into tellers who just gave them out. the good thing is when i ran into someone's obvious dumps it gave me a good idea what banks were being used as dumps and who was hunting what area.

OP
OP
GlassyEyed

GlassyEyed

Oct 15, 2009
Miami, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Fistfulladirt said:
GlassyEyed said:

GE, sorry you think two 90's to be a bust. I consider that a good find. Go thru 10-15 $500 boxes without finding even a single 40 - happens a lot!
Names and account #'s should be removed by tellers before customer purchase. Should happen but does not always. Many banks will not accept rolls from customers without that info on the roll. ffd

10-15 Boxes and skunked...wow. That would definitely suck. I guess I shouldn't complain about it too much then...

But I knew it was going to be a slow day once I saw all the rolls were marked with "Ok Regular" and taped on the ends. The roll I got the silver out of was not marked nor taped. I should have known better anyways since last week I went into a bank about two blocks from this one and they had just sold $696.00 worth of halves...this bank had $640.00 worth of halves. What are the odds this was the dump bank?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread