got a new dump bank today

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
as many of you know i have had some problems with my dump bank. they have tried everything they can think of to get rid of me. well today i went to another bank. i have been dealing with them for years and i currently have a loan with them that i use to coin hunt. this bank does not have a coin counter and i explained to the manager what i was doing and was up front about my volume.
she said that they would take my dumps as long as i would bag them (they provided the bags) and bring them into the vault teller. i was amazed at how easy it was.
i think i will start out slow with them and dump 2K a week for a while and still use the dump bank that is giving me trouble until they cut me off. i wonder how long this new arrangement will last? it is basically the same arrangement as i have with the other bank. the only trouble is this bank is a little harder to get in and out of than the other one. they have a flight of stairs inside and outside and the parking lot is a good ways away from the door. i will have to take them in by hand 2 bags at a time due to the stairs and will be unable to use the dolly. i thought about asking them to use the service entrance, but i did not want to push my luck, maybe they will offer me this option after a few weeks?

Upvote 0

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silvercop , In order for this institution to be in compliance with the A.D.A., they must have
a wheelchair accessible ramp , available to the public , which also allows you a dolly .
Argentium.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I ought to give that ADA a call. I could use a new dolly myself. My old dolly is filled with rubber patches and the valve just went on me. I could use an air compressor as well as I get winded blowing that thing up.

Rich

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SC, hope it works our for you. Nice that the bank was willing to work with you.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Glad to hear you found yourself another dump bank. :thumbsup: As an added bonus you get a free workout carrying those dump bags up a couple of flight of stairs. :help:

Best

Rich

SMPress

Oct 5, 2009
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Blue and Gray, XLT, DFX, Spectrum V3, Beachhunter 300
Rich,

They make them in solid materials now so that you dont have to worry about blowouts at inapropriate times...

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Di you mean what think I read- that you took out a loan to CRH(?)< did you put that on your loan app?

What's your APR?

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure a bank will loan you money if your credit is good and you have assets to put it up against.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
AGCoinHunter said:
I am sure a bank will loan you money if your credit is good and you have assets to put it up against.

That counts me out, don't own anything, have never had a credit rating cause never borrowed anything.

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
yes i took out a loan with them. i don't have 10K just laying around. i think i got a good deal. i took out the loan for one year and just pay 40.00 a month with is the interest, loan fees, and life insurance on the loan and after 1 year i take the 10K back to them. i will probably do it again for a year as long as i am finding silver and my dump bank arrangement holds up. the 480.00 i will pay in interest and fees is nothing compaired to the silver i have found. and since i don't do road trips much i don't have to pay for gas. alot of you guys spend alot more than 480.00 in gas alone doing road trips every week.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
obediah said:
AGCoinHunter said:

That counts me out, don't own anything, have never had a credit rating cause never borrowed anything.

It would be a good way to build your credit rating if you just loan a couple of grand and make payments. It's what lenders look for in a good credit rating. I think it's a great idea.

Mojo

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
coinmojo said:
obediah said:
AGCoinHunter said:

It would be a good way to build your credit rating if you just loan a couple of grand and make payments. It's what lenders look for in a good credit rating. I think it's a great idea.

Mojo

Did the math long time ago, as well as watched friends over years who had "good credit" and big mortgages etc, one guy by time he paid his house off would of paid just over 3 times the cost of house to pay it off in 30 years- no, decided would not do that; my first place was a Mobile home on 4 acres paid 21.5K for it in 92 and worked for 18 months saved paid cash. Only once did borrow money, sort of, when Mobile Home burned wife wanted Brick home, we put down 40 and owner financed at %5 a balloon of 49K. We both worked hard and in 17 months paid it of early. Do not ever want to be under a debt again.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Credit and debt isnt necessarily a bad thing. Those who are responsible can leverage it to make more money like what silvercop is doing. It take discipline. Having the ability to "rent" someone else’s money to make money yourself can work out nicely for you. Just have to stay on top of it and make sure you plan accordingly.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I think that loan was a smart idea. ScoobaSteve and myself are part time artists and we both funded our coin rolling cash by selling our art on e-bay.
HH
Rich

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys get a piece of the stimulas money that was for the National Endowment for the Arts? Free money from what I hear....:P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread