Uncooperative Teller II

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys, I work at a bank, I am an Assistant VP and Manager.

Still the tellers at my own bank are not very happy when I ask for halves and There is just one reason.

Tellers are also CRhunters AND THEY CURL THE SILVER FOR THEM SELVES.

I do not have many chances of getting Walkers or Benns since the tellers know the coin. I do get 40% and maybe keens 90% since the tellers do not know that.

The point is that I understand why sometimes tellers are ugly. They want the silver.

Valid and Understandable you all just have to work it out the best possible way.

Darth Walker

Upvote 0

snappy

Jan 23, 2007
sidney montana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Darth Walker said:

Still the tellers at my own bank are not very happy when I ask for halves and There is just one reason.

I do not have many chances of getting Walkers or Benns since the tellers know the coin. I do get 40% and maybe keens 90% since the tellers do not know that.

The point is that I understand why sometimes tellers are ugly. They want the silver.

Valid and Understandable you all just have to work it out the best possible way.

Darth Walker
I sent you a pm

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
Hey, think about it this way. If you were a bank teller, you would probably do the EXACT same thing. Heck, I would be a vulture, and hawk over all the tellers trays. I would make sure I don't loose the silver to a customer.

Dec 7, 2009
I agree with Darth exactly , ... !!!

My Uncooperative Teller once sold me a handfull of halves over the bank counter ... As she was counting them out she said: " Oh look, there's silver in there, .... I should have kept them for myself ! " ...
I know her greedy little soul was crushed every time she handed my weekly boxes ... To the extent that she had even broken up the boxes themselves, and then blamed the damage on the "new truck driver" who made their delivery ! :laughing7: ...

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Two years ago I got a part time job as a teller just so I could have a first chance at coins. I don't understand why so many people feel tellers shouldn't be looking for coins or keeping silver if they find it first. Most of the tellers I work with don't collect coins so don't actively look for keepers. I've also had co-workers save me wheat cents and buffalo nickels because they know I collect coins. I have dumped all my halves over the last 3 years at the Credit Union I work at with no problems. There are CRHers that work as tellers just like there are CRHers in a lot of other professions.

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. Of course some tellers keep the silver, and why shouldn't they? I'd do the same if I were in their shoes. What confuses me are the ones that point out the silver to me and say something like "That one's silver. I'll bet that's what you're looking for." Then they sell it to me anyway. I've had that happen on numerous occasions. I always downplay the silver and say that I'm trying to put together a series of dates and mintmarks. As for the tellers with bad attitudes, I don't understand why they'd be rude or even hostile. They should just sell the searched halves and be happy about that. I've had that happen on several occasions as well (friendly tellers selling me hundreds of dollars worth of searched halves) and now I know that those banks are not off limits, but that they just won't produce. Moving on.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's safe to say that if anyone from this forum was a teller, we would all be snaggin the silver. Can't blame them guys, we just have to beat them to it.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Darth Walker said:

Wut sort of edumakation do's it recuire to be en assisment VP. Kus if I were u id be throwin migh power around and demand all the silver as part of maintainannce of their jobs. so's i kuld curl all the silver my own self and say that it's kummin from the VP herself. :laughing9:

Have a great Holiday.....

Mojo

ScoobaSteve

Nov 28, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTX500
coinmojo said:
Darth Walker said:

Wut sort of edumakation do's it recuire to be en assisment VP. Kus if I were u id be throwin migh power around and demand all the silver as part of maintainannce of their jobs. so's i kuld curl all the silver my own self and say that it's kummin from the VP herself. :laughing9:

Have a great Holiday.....

Mojo

Eyezjust tinkin da same ding. Nots ta git off a da topic but howscum dare are awl dees red lines under my words when Ima typin dem?

OP
OP
Darth Walker

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mojo:

The requirements are:
Report to the CEO and
A B.B.A. in Accounting
A Master of Sience Degree in Finance
A Master of Science Degree in Derivative Investmets
About 8 years working there
Deep understanding of cash flows, financial statemets, commercial construction,
land development, oil and gas financing, markets, securities, etc, etc, etc...

Still the tellers give me ugly faces and I do not use my power because I will melt them and I am nice.

Darth Walker

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
sneak said:
I think the reason most tellers don't like to order boxes is they are just plain lazy! :D
I agrre in my small town the head teller at the main office said she could only get halves in 1000 dollar plus orders went to branch across town and girl orders them for me 500 dollars at a time . At first she said let me call main office and see if they have any and I told her I already checked. My other bank in town orders them for me just when ever to surprise me lol . Like the nickles I ve been going through. Its all laziness if u ask me. imho

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania

Still the tellers at my own bank are not very happy when I ask for halves and There is just one reason
have you ever heard the saying "rank has its priveleges"?
Still the tellers give me ugly faces and I do not use my power because I will melt them and I am nice
how about this one "nice guys finish last"
not trying to say to throw your weight around like some Mussolini, and i certainly don't want to see you become rude and obnoxious but it is a dog eat dog world.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Find a way to get rid of them of fire them and hire young ignorant tellers who don't know a thing about valuable coins. Typically young tellers are not collectors and don't know a thing about silver. Well don't take the firing part seriously but if they leave the branch... you know what type of people you can replace them with.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread