Interesting... (with link that explains more)

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw this on survivalblog, though this was interesting. Wonder what the effect in my state will be....doesnt look good for those who are here searching for silver. More people will become educated on the value of silver coinage.

Georgia Bill Recognizes pre-1965 Coinage. Effective January 1st, 2010, a law becomes effective for the State of Georgia, recognizing beyond face value for Pre-1965 U.S. silver coins, and more.

http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2009_10/versions/hb430_LC_21_0297_a_2.htm

I will post the link here too... This explains more about this bill.

http://www.blogcatalog.com/blog/dgc-magazine-blog/2560c7eeec61573c16df8efa26e86a51

"HB 430 allows Georgia to lead the way for our country in upholding the rule of law and restoring monetary stability in the intended Constitutional fashion. It is only upon such a sound money basis that sustainable prosperity can once again take root in America."

Upvote 0

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Re: Interesting...

On a cursory reading this appears to be an attempt to get back to Constitutional money which is Gold & Silver, lets hope more States do this & we can actually throw off the unConstitutional Federal Reserve fiat and fractional banking system.

In truth we have far more going on in US, approaching point of revolution or submission to global tyranny, CRH'ing is a nice hobby tht pays dividends but fate of my country is far more important to me than CRH'ing.

Anybody else out there in CRH land listen to Alex Jones on net, he is live 11 to 3 pm, full of interesting info, as well as scary stuff.

OP
OP
AGCoinHunter

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

obediah said:
On a cursory reading this appears to be an attempt to get back to Constitutional money which is Gold & Silver, lets hope more States do this & we can actually throw off the unConstitutional Federal Reserve fiat and fractional banking system.

In truth we have far more going on in US, approaching point of revolution or submission to global tyranny, CRH'ing is a nice hobby tht pays dividends but fate of my country is far more important to me than CRH'ing.

Anybody else out there in CRH land listen to Alex Jones on net, he is live 11 to 3 pm, full of interesting info, as well as scary stuff.

If you think about it, our whole hobby is based on the failure to understand what PM's are worth by the the masses of sheeple in the general population. The only reason we still find a silver coin in circulation is because someone cashed it in at face.
And yes, my country is far more important to me than any silver or gold. People have began to wake up but our elected "representatives" are not listening to what we have to say. Interesting times are ahead.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :hello2: :hello2: For the Great State of Georgia !

I listened to the hearings on this earlier in the year, and did not think it had a chance to pass. I'm glad I was wrong.

HH

Rich

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

obediah said:

Obe,
I listen to him everyday on the internet.
Rich

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

Rich Hartford said:
obediah said:

Obe,
I listen to him everyday on the internet.
Rich

Me too whenever can, am not totally comfortable with him, but he does have all the right enemies that is for sure. My favorite guy on Radio who has dwindled down to few stations today but is big on Net is Derry Brownfield, know him personally and he is a NO compromise guy; have never met anyone who thinks like me so closely as Derry does; his days are numbered he is 78, I'll miss him. Derry had a caller note his age & went sentimental on him on air Derry interrupted him saying he wants no tears when he goes, said he has it all set up they will slaughter the fatted calf on his farm and everybody is welcome to come, no tears though, just a big party!

alexfm123

Nov 17, 2009
Far West Texas

AGCoinHunter,

was that on today's post or yesterdays? On SurvivalBlog, I mean. I must have missed it earlier. And, it would be interesting to see how that goes. And it was nice finding someone else who reads the blog as well.

;D

Alex.

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro

alexfm123 said:
AGCoinHunter,

was that on today's post or yesterdays? On SurvivalBlog, I mean. I must have missed it earlier. And, it would be interesting to see how that goes. And it was nice finding someone else who reads the blog as well.

;D

Alex.

It was on Mondays.

I'm not sure I see that working. For the people who arn't metal heads out there, they will go straight to the shop to get their cash. Then what do you do when someone pays for something with the spot price of silver and the seller goes to cash it in at a dealer and can't get spot? If their isn't going to be a fixed ratio I'm not sure that it will work out fairly for all parties.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WOW! I guess I should have expected Georgia to be one of the first states to grow a pair. :notworthy:
HH
Gilbert

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

nyiangelo said:
alexfm123 said:
AGCoinHunter,

;D

Alex.

It was on Mondays.

I'm not sure I see that working. For the people who arn't metal heads out there, they will go straight to the shop to get their cash. Then what do you do when someone pays for something with the spot price of silver and the seller goes to cash it in at a dealer and can't get spot? If their isn't going to be a fixed ratio I'm not sure that it will work out fairly for all parties.

Here is how you work it out.
Lets say I work for the State of Georgia or whatever and earn $500.00 per week/$26,000.00 per year. Let's suppose that Gold is $1,000.00 per oz. I elect to get payed in a half gold eagle $25.00. If I get payed this every week I can say that I earned 52x $25.00 =$1,300.00. Guess how much I'll owe the IRS?
Of course there are some glitches but also plenty of possibilities.

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro

Rich Hartford said:
nyiangelo said:
alexfm123 said:
AGCoinHunter,

;D

Alex.

It was on Mondays.

Lets say I work for the State of Georgia or whatever and earn $500.00 per week/$26,000.00 per year. Let's suppose that Gold is $1,000.00 per oz. I elect to get payed in a half gold eagle $25.00. If I get payed this every week I can say that I earned 52x $25.00 =$1,300.00. Guess how much I'll owe the IRS?

;D Yeah that worked out so well for that buisness man in Las Vegas didn't it? Saved so much money that now he is getting free rent and meals......

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

nyiangelo said:
Rich Hartford said:
nyiangelo said:
alexfm123 said:
AGCoinHunter,

;D

Alex.

It was on Mondays.

;D Yeah that worked out so well for that buisness man in Las Vegas didn't it? Saved so much money that now he is getting free rent and meals......
That situation can be remedied, legally.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500

ok i am confused :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:what is the state of georgia trying to do? can someone put the gobbley goo in plain english? from what was said about being paid in gold and all. knowing goveernments like i do i am highly suspicious of something like this to say the least. the state of georgia must have something to gain by this but i can't figure out what.....sorry guess i just don't get it :help:

OP
OP
AGCoinHunter

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

alexfm123 said:
AGCoinHunter,

;D

Alex.

Read it every day. The site is the reason I started doing CRH for silver. I am also hoarding copper pennies now too in anticipation of the coming inflation. Also frequent realcent forum. Call me crazy, but I want to be prepared for my family when this economy fails. Its not a matter of if, its when...

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

so I am not sure I understand this? is it saying you can deposit silver or gold coins and they will give you the current silver and gold value of the day?

what stops people from depositing their silver when it is $20 an ounce then withdrawling it when it is $16 to gain a profit? or does your account go up and down with the current value?

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500

goes4ever, i was thinking the same thing. it looks like the state of georgia has passed a law that requires all state banks to become gold and silver dealers. from what i read you will be able to bring in gold and silver and be paid a cash value for it based on the spot price that day. wonder how many times they will update the price of spot throughout the day. another thought of mine was is say silver closed the previous day at 17.00/oz and began to spike the next day after opening and by 10:00 AM was selling for 20.00 an oz. would it be possible to go in the bank and buy for 17.00 or would they have hourly updates? same goes for selling.
i just want to know what is in it for the state and why they would pass this?

jersey devl

Mar 2, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro: Cortes,Tiger Shark,& Vaquero

Wait till the state elects this as its prefered form of payment and your now $100 (FRN) "fine" for whatever ,costs you 2 GAE (face value $50 FRN),or a $100 business liscense too. Guv. dont work for the people anymore,there is something shadowy about this.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What if you went in and baught silver in the morning, and it was 17/ounce, then went back to the same bank that day when silver was up to 19/ounce and deposited it back. Would you have made $2.00 profit just like that?

alexfm123

Nov 17, 2009
Far West Texas

AGCoinHunter said:
alexfm123 said:
AGCoinHunter,

;D

Alex.

Read it every day. The site is the reason I started doing CRH for silver. I am also hoarding copper pennies now too in anticipation of the coming inflation. Also frequent realcent forum. Call me crazy, but I want to be prepared for my family when this economy fails. Its not a matter of if, its when...

Im with you 100% on that. Thats the same reason I started stocking up on silver coins. ;D Im also piling up the copper pennies as well. And yes, it is a matter of when, not if.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions