My bank is paying people to use their coinstar machine!!

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
I thought this was a bit funny so I will post here and tell you folks about it. I get an email yesterday from my credit union (smaller credit union), stating "Cash in your coins this holiday season". The email goes on to explain that the customer who deposits the most coins in the month of December will receive a $20 credit to their account for each brach. ;D I'm pretty sure that I am going to win this one, considering i bring in a couple boxes of halves to dump, and all of the tellers ooooh and ahhhh at the ammount of the deposit. It is nothing compared to some of the posters here, but I guess they just don't see that amount of coin in this little branch. So far I believe that I am around $2500 for the month so we will see if I end up winning the $20. Wish me luck guys!!! :thumbsup:

Fredness

Jul 16, 2009
$20 is great, but 8.9% is over $200 in fees.
If they don't charge fee's it's free money.
If they do, it is a drop in the bucket...

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fredness said:
$20 is great, but 8.9% is over $200 in fees.
If they don't charge fee's it's free money.
If they do, it is a drop in the bucket...
I've never heard of a bank that charges its account holders a fee to use the coinstar machine. I could be wrong but........ :icon_scratch:

btw- good luck keverett

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
I've never heard of a bank that charges its account holders a fee to use the coinstar machine. I could be wrong but
There is one bank several miles from me that actually charges their customers to deposit coins in their coinstar type of machine. They will not accept coin deposits at the teller window. They tell their customers to put it in the machine.

99% of their customers probably do not speak english so they just follow the directions. Of course there is a small fee.

OP
OP
keverett

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
The branch does charge NON customers for using the machine, but they do not charge members.

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
keverett said:
I thought this was a bit funny so I will post here and tell you folks about it. I get an email yesterday from my credit union (smaller credit union), stating "Cash in your coins this holiday season". The email goes on to explain that the customer who deposits the most coins in the month of December will receive a $20 credit to their account for each brach. ;D I'm pretty sure that I am going to win this one, considering i bring in a couple boxes of halves to dump, and all of the tellers ooooh and ahhhh at the ammount of the deposit. It is nothing compared to some of the posters here, but I guess they just don't see that amount of coin in this little branch. So far I believe that I am around $2500 for the month so we will see if I end up winning the $20. Wish me luck guys!!! :thumbsup:

Is it the most coins or the highest dollar value? $2500 in halves is only 5000 coins or $50.00 in pennies... You might want to check that out or add some pennies to the mix to up your coin count.

OP
OP
keverett

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
It is for the highest dollar amount through the month of December, and the coins had to be deposited, not cashed....but that is all I do, so I think I'm in pretty good shape.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
keverett said:
It is for the highest dollar amount through the month of December, and the coins had to be deposited, not cashed....but that is all I do, so I think I'm in pretty good shape.
Now go to every branch and do the same!

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
cyberdan said:
keverett said:
Now go to every branch and do the same!
That was my thought. Soon you will be famous like ME. HH Mark

OP
OP
keverett

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
I wish I would have thought of that two weeks ago, now I only have a 4 days left.....Well $20 is better than nothing, and a hell of a lot better than paying 8.9% to dump!! :laughing9: I guess this was my Christmas present.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread