New dump bank

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
A while back I had called a bank to inquire about available halves. They said that they had a bit over $100 worth. The bank is in an area out of the way but I was going that direction so I stopped in to get them. I have an account there. When I got in the teller said, "oh, there must be a mistake, we have these halves reserved for Mr. so and so". First they asked me my name and I was not Mr. so and so, thus I got none.

What bugged me about it was that these were not ordered coins but coins that had come in from other customers. My view is that a customer should equal another customer on such coins, and the first to come in to get them wins. Even my banks that save their machine bags tell me if another customer asks, they have to either split the halves between us, or the first to come in and ask wins.

Anyway, I happened to be in that area again the other day and I know that bank has a coin counting machine. They had no available halves when I called ahead because somebody else got them (probably Mr. so and so).

At that point I decided to get rid of some halves since I had them in the trunk anyway. I will from now on go there whenever I am in that area to dump. The tellers are pretty nice to deal with (even though I disagree with their policy on giving out halves as stated above).

I wonder how long it will take their local CRHer to find out that the big "collection" of halves are skunks when he goes to get them?

Jim

Upvote 0

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
hey jim you will probably get him one good time anyway :laughing7: :laughing7: you should have some fun with the teller that would not sell to you. tell her that you have had them a long time etc.etc. i would not be surprised if they did not take the bag and search it first

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
silvercop said:
hey jim you will probably get him one good time anyway :laughing7: :laughing7: you should have some fun with the teller that would not sell to you. tell her that you have had them a long time etc.etc. i would not be surprised if they did not take the bag and search it first

SC,

I had thought about saying something like that if they asked how long I had them, but they didn't ask.

Maybe over time the current CRHer in that area will give up and I can get from that machine again. I was able to get from there in the past when I stopped in that area and had found some good ones.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread