CURSED box!

nick.foltz

Dec 24, 2009
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Tesoro Cibola
I received $750 in dimes this evening. I started cracking them open some had pennies in them, three of the rolls were short like 60 cents. The weirdest of all is I opened one up and seen the strangest thing I've ever seen. Its like 10 or so dimes that look like they have been powder coated flat gun metal grey? They are sorta sparkly and you can still see the copper ring and even the metal that comes down is coated? I'm not sure if this counterfeit they all are different dates, but its the weirdest thing I've ever seen. Anyone had any of these? I'm getting a camera soon. Please let me know.

Nicholas

Upvote 0

placerman

Oct 11, 2005
I had 6 halves back in December like that.

Someone has a lot of extra time on their hands.

OP
OP
nick.foltz

nick.foltz

Dec 24, 2009
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Tesoro Cibola
Yeah I found a 1963 Dime. There were a lot of canadian heart attacks though. Two 68's but they stuck to a magnet. Do people just collect Canadian dimes? I'm sure they have to value right?

Nicholas

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
nick.foltz said:
Yeah I found a 1963 Dime. There were a lot of canadian heart attacks though. Two 68's but they stuck to a magnet. Do people just collect Canadian dimes? I'm sure they have to value right?

Nicholas
Congrats on that dime. People do collect Canadians, altho I only collect the silver ones. Good luck on the dimes, if you stick to it you might be surprised. I searched 28 boxes of halves last year plus hand rolled, I backed off because the boxes stunk! My average was 4 40's per box.
I think I had 3 or 4 dime skunkers out of 80 or 90 boxes. It's more fun as a hobby for me. My silver return on the dime boxes was slightly less, but it almost averaged the same (1 dime per $150) as halves as far as finds go. ffd

Daniel964

Jan 25, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Fredness said:
That's why I stopped doing dimes - $250 of searching for a single "keeper".

I do $6,000 a week in halves but in my down time the other 5 days a week I stay busy searching dimes. It's fun and I do fine some keepers. Found a solid roll of Mercs one week so it paid off. Got a total of 145 silver dimes in 2009 and I only did them the last few months of the year.

OP
OP
nick.foltz

nick.foltz

Dec 24, 2009
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Tesoro Cibola
Just found a 1960 Dime. I like doing dimes, its fun to me. I drove to about 10 different banks...no halves. A very nice lady at the bank ordered me a box a halves. She said it would take a week or so. Also at the bank with the dirty box. When she went to vault to go get it I started staring at the coin tray. I seen a silver kennedy. When she arrived I asked if I could have that one, and she told me no that was hers. So that was a tease. O well

UnoZeus

Dec 28, 2009
Daphne, Alabama
nick.foltz said:
When she went to vault to go get it I started staring at the coin tray. I seen a silver kennedy. When she arrived I asked if I could have that one, and she told me no that was hers. So that was a tease. O well

The other day I had a lady do almost the same thing. I spotted it when she began counting them out for me. She said, "I have 15.00 in loose halves." When she was counting them she spotted the same one, slid it off the ledge and into her hand and said she only had 14.50.

I am sure I looked disgusted with her but she didn't bat an eye.

OP
OP
nick.foltz

nick.foltz

Dec 24, 2009
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Tesoro Cibola
Found 4, 59x2, 60, and a 64....at least I found something.

Nicholas

OP
OP
nick.foltz

nick.foltz

Dec 24, 2009
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Tesoro Cibola
UnoZeus said:
nick.foltz said:
When she went to vault to go get it I started staring at the coin tray. I seen a silver kennedy. When she arrived I asked if I could have that one, and she told me no that was hers. So that was a tease. O well

The other day I had a lady do almost the same thing. I spotted it when she began counting them out for me. She said, "I have 15.00 in loose halves." When she was counting them she spotted the same one, slid it off the ledge and into her hand and said she only had 14.50.

I am sure I looked disgusted with her but she didn't bat an eye.

Yeah thats pretty dirty. I trust none of them.

Nicholas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread