Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tried my local BofA and they said they had no halves or dollars... While I was detecting in another town, my wife went to 3 banks, and only one had halves.. She bought all they had, ten rolls of 10$ each... got home and checked them all, nada.. All were 1971 or newer... Lots of 71's though..
The teller told my wife that they were all cashed in by one person.. I guess he knew the deal and had already gone thru them.. We'll keep trying though..

SS

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Silver Surfer said:
Tried my local BofA and they said they had no halves or dollars... While I was detecting in another town, my wife went to 3 banks, and only one had halves.. She bought all they had, ten rolls of 10$ each... got home and checked them all, nada.. All were 1971 or newer... Lots of 71's though..
The teller told my wife that they were all cashed in by one person.. I guess he knew the deal and had already gone thru them.. We'll keep trying though..

SS
Or the TELLER had already gone thru them. They may be young, but they're not always dumb.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might try your local grocery store,at mine they always have halfs,and some pretty old ones to. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are good days and there are bad days.

Good Luck next time

DW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread