ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Hey guys
Long story but IL try to make it short.
Last week ii went into BOA to dump 2 boxes. After waiting in line the teller asks if I have an account. I say yes and give her my number. She proceeds to ask for my driver’s license as well. I ask y she says she just needs it for iding my account. She proceeds to take a photo copy of my id. I thought this was strange. Anyways as im waiting, and waiting, she explains she needs to talk with the head teller. IDK y but I still wait patiently. After another 10-15 of them whispering to one another and looking at my boxes the head teller comes over and says they can no take them. I ask why and they say they can not count all this coin and there is no way to verify if it’s all there. I explain that is why I rolled all of them and if this is the case how much are you allowed to take over the counter. Of course I got a bs made up answer. Knowing this was just laziness and bs I push that they should take them. She goes on to announce to the whole bank that they also can not take them because I only had 1.50 in my account. Again, completely unnecessary.
I explain that this is garage and I want to speak with the manager. Finally the manager talks with me after 20 min of waiting. She tells me she is sorry for the way the head teller talked with me and that she had no right to photo copy my id, and no right to even discuss my account balance as a reason. She explains that they are going through the rolls now and il have my money shortly.

I was pissed regardless so I called the district manager when I leave. She too apologized and said that was completely wrong there is no “cut off" as to how much coin can be taken over the counter.

Fast Forward to this week. I went to another branch of BOA to dump 2 boxes. Head teller at this bank again says they can not take all this coin and that there was a limit has to what could be taken over the counter. I ask what it is and she says 100.00. I say fine give her 10 rolls and get my 100.00 and then ask to speak with the manager. She says she is in a conference call and it will be at least 2 hrs. So I say fine and I sit. And sit, and sit. All the while the bank tellers are going in and out of her office during this conference "call". As one teller comes out I over hear her say to the head teller something to the effect of " she said take them" at which point the head teller marched into the managers office looking heated. She them comes out and asks for my account number. I give it to here and 5 min later the manager asks me into her office. She explains she has the "marketing Manager" for BOA on speaker and she is going to explain the rules about taking coin for me. She tells me they can not take all this coin. I teller her the dist. manager no more then a few days prior says they do. She says that there is a cut off and I ask hoe much. She pushes and says if you’re trying to get around us taking them we can’t. So I ask again. How much rolled coin can they take, she says 40- or 50 bucks. I explain that none of them have there stories straight, and that the teller told me it was 100. She then reverts and tells me it depends on the denomination.
Know im getting hot so I say ok no problem ill take it somewhere else. As im ready to leave I say to the speaker that I want the manager to give me her name and #. She is having a hard time turning off the speaker phone and I hear the "Marketing Manager" whispering and talking about me to someone else on the line b/c they think im gone.
The bank manager explains again they can not take the rolled coin. I look her dead in the eye and ask her. Let me get this straight, you can’t take rolled coin, but you can take lose bagged coin. She says that has never happened since she has been manager and she has been there for five yrs. I explain to her that 5 months ago her branch allowed me to not only not roll the coin, but put it in a plastic bank bag with the dollar amount and my account #, and they always gave me my money no questions asked. I then left.
Sorry guys I just had to vent
keith

Upvote 0

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
B of A has always treated me OK. I'm no banker, but my assumption is that we're not part of their business plan.

I note this only to let people know that B of A is OK in my book, not to challenge your experience.

Happy hunting everyone.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might want to try a local bank or even a credit union,or if these fail there's always Coinstar. :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Produce Guy said:
You might want to try a local bank or even a credit union,or if these fail there's always Coinstar. :icon_scratch:

yea i ended up just going to my local bank. "peoples" which has always taken my coin without so much as a second thought

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
You are most likely on a watch list just like I am. Sorry this happened to you but they are raising flags everywhere now. Good luck. Read my story.

golden silver

Historyhound

Nov 2, 2006
Schenectady New York
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
I am totally in agreement with you about BOA. I have dealt with many banks and have found that 4 can be VERY difficult to deal with. BOA, HSBC, TrustCo and Key Bank. The part that kills me the most is that I have found that almost every Key Bank and TrustCo,in the Albany-Schenectady area, won't even GIVE you rolled coins without an account. On the flipside, I have had nothing but pleasant experiences at TDBank and 1st National Bank of Scotia. I found TDBank employees to be so nice that I closed my accounts with Key and gave all my business to them. Most big banks don't care about you, the depositor, they're only concerned with the fees they can bleed out of you.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
STDevil said:
B of A has always treated me OK. I'm no banker, but my assumption is that we're not part of their business plan.

I note this only to let people know that B of A is OK in my book, not to challenge your experience.

Happy hunting everyone.
I know that I have only obtained orders with BOA, usually no problemo. Do you dump your coin there also, if so how much, if you don't mind my asking? ffd

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread