Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the info Jim. It also looks like their sell prices on 90% Kennedys are getting close to the ebay going rate. They are also selling individual rolls of 40% BU Ikes and quarters, etc. FFD

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Fistfulladirt said:
Thanks for the info Jim. It also looks like their sell prices on 90% Kennedys are getting close to the ebay going rate. They are also selling individual rolls of 40% BU Ikes and quarters, etc. FFD

My net on FeeBay this week was 2.32 each, sold 4 Lots that went from 2.42 to 2.72 plus postage.

joad

Apr 15, 2009
East Coast
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
My local dealer is paying $1000 for $200 face of 40%ers. That's $2.50 each. I personally would not take less than $2.25 right now with spot solidly over $18.

Bon Bon

Nov 26, 2006
texas
obediah said:
Fistfulladirt said:

My net on FeeBay this week was 2.32 each, sold 4 Lots that went from 2.42 to 2.72 plus postage.
[/quote

How many rolls are you selling in each group to get these prices?

oldred53

Greenie
Aug 8, 2009
Ft lauderdale
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't posted on this site for some time, but saw this topic and wanted to give everyone a great source to sell your silver.

I just sold several half's last week to Gaithersburg Coin Exchange in Gaithersburg, MD. They paid me $6.40 each for 90% and $2.65 each for 40%. They will accept any size quantity. Send them in a flat rate priority box and use registered mail to ensure them.

I have sold at least 10 different batches to this company and they are first class!! Their phone number is 800-638-4104 and are listed on the web.

Their address is :

Gaithersburg Coin Exchange
16 East Diamond Ave.
Gaithersburg, MD 20877

Hope this helps!

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too low. Do not sell at those prices

Just my two cents

DW

Jimmy@romega

Dec 4, 2008
rome, ga
Coin shops IMO are CRHer's worst enemy you keep them in business you are most likely to see less and less silver in circulation. Sell on ebay a roll of 40% will bring around 45.00.
Out here where I live we have pawn shops on every street corner some will sell coins some not. It has dramatically hurt CRH in my area. I will NEVER NEVER sell a coin to a coin dealer!!!! I don't need competition since I sell coins on ebay. Plus if their business is short lived that just means silver will eventually be circulating back into the system again.

OP
OP
fistfulladirt

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Jimmy@romega said:
Coin shops IMO are CRHer's worst enemy you keep them in business you are most likely to see less and less silver in circulation. Sell on ebay a roll of 40% will bring around 45.00.
Out here where I live we have pawn shops on every street corner some will sell coins some not. It has dramatically hurt CRH in my area. I will NEVER NEVER sell a coin to a coin dealer!!!! I don't need competition since I sell coins on ebay. Plus if their business is short lived that just means silver will eventually be circulating back into the system again.
That's fine, if you want to deal with ebait. I don't have the time, so my options are limited. I do know it's easier to buy coins using epay. I personally don't want to deal with a coin shop, unless it's to buy supplies. ffd

wharghoul

May 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD
FYI,

If shipping rolls of coins, the USPS Small Flat-Rate box is the way to go. It is possible to fit 18 rolls and shipping is $4.90 (so with insurance it's around $12.00 total). Pretty good deal and it's helped me keep my avg. coin selling price up around $2.50 when selling on ebay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread