switching pick up banks??

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
Looking for some feed back here, I'm in a bit of a dilema. I've had it down for ~ 9 months on pulling silver. I was methodical, buying at banks that serve CWI and dropping at banks that sell to Brinks. Throughout the time I would still buy brinks boxes, at most 1 a week.

My CWI boxes were always good up through the end of NOV. Rarely was I skunked and most times I averaged 5 per box or so (guesstimate). But since the beginning of DEC there has been a change to the CWI boxes. CWI's are no longer date stamped, occasionally will have the inspector number on them, and have been producing silver at a rate of 1 per 2 to 3 boxes. My brinks boxes still have one per box minimum in them; the other day one had 10 (2 franks and a walker ta boot).

So what do I do? Should I order more brinks boxes and less CWI boxes? If that's the case where do I begin dumping? Should I start dropping at my CWI locations or pick one branch? Should I expand banks and adopt a new dump bank? There is a bank that has three chains within driving distance with coin counters, but they all sell to brinks. The last thing I want to do is continue to dump at brinks locations while i get brinks boxes as it'll be a closed loop system. Or should I just wait it out? I've probably had at least 25 of the flat boxes like this.

Upvote 0

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Step up your order of CWI boxes if you can. Maybe you can wade througe these bad boxes. I had to take half a month off just to start getting my good bags again from my pickup bank.

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
The same thing happened here with CWI - Loomis boxes. But I order from both brinks and loomis weekly while dumping into brinks. May not make sense but I figure my area is so large that it doesn't really matter. It's all luck of the draw anyways right? I've kept up my CWI orders as they have always been more successful than brinks. From what I can tell all they have changed is the stamp. I did have my first skunks yesterday from CWI in quite awhile. So my advice is to keep pounding the ones that have been good to you. Evaluate it in a year and see where you stand.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
I'd hunt for a Guarda bank or maybe as is the case here we have a local owned Bank that uses a carrier that never heard of- they do not even use Armored cars but simple plain vans, find one of them open an account there like I did and use them to dump, mine is my backup bank and is linked to FeeBay too..

Have said this before, when first started marked my coins dumped them back into my same pool, it took 3 and 4 months but did get some back 3 diff times and there was Silver in them each time too.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
obediah said:
I'd hunt for a Guarda bank or maybe as is the case here we have a local owned Bank that uses a carrier that never heard of- they do not even use Armored cars but simple plain vans, find one of them open an account there like I did and use them to dump, mine is my backup bank and is linked to FeeBay too..

Have said this before, when first started marked my coins dumped them back into my same pool, it took 3 and 4 months but did get some back 3 diff times and there was Silver in them each time too.

Is that who brings you the halves packed in inverted quarter boxes? My latest bag came in a quarter bag, the teller cracked it open before I go there just to make sure it had halves in it. Come to think of it, it was a skunk.....

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
That's odd... the date stamped CWI boxes in my area are usually skunks. If I ever get another date stamped one.. I'd be tempted no to open them. All in all.. I don't think it matters in the long run. Although I would really like to understand how the whole system works.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions