First nice find $12.50 in 40% Halves out of 7 rolls....

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my biggest find so far Friday. I went to five banks. First bank says, we have no halves, someone was asking earlier, so I am not the only CRH person around here, lol, its common to hear that. Second bank, had none. Third Bank I had two tellers saying they have halves, so I say how many, the one teller says are you a customer, I said no, then she said I can't have them but I could open a account then, I decided not to, I wanted to get home. On the way home, I stop at a fourth bank, they had none, I saw one more bank right at closing time, the lady had 7 rolls a dollar loose in halves and 2 Ike Dollars so I got them all. The traffic was stopped on the way home, I started peeking in the rolls and saw a 1966 on the end of one. The traffic moved and stopped again, so I popped it open real fast and saw it loaded with 60's halves, I was excited and my day was made. I found $12.50 in 40% halves. I did not find any 90% halves, but I am quite happy.

Attachments

• IMG_8809.JPG
    IMG_8809.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 231
Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Nice haul :thumbsup: :thumbsup: When a teller asks if you are a customer, she is hoping that you say no, so that she has an excuse not to do any work, or give up her stash of silver.
HH
Rich

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Rich Hartford said:
Nice haul :thumbsup: :thumbsup: When a teller asks if you are a customer, she is hoping that you say no, so that she has an excuse not to do any work, or give up her stash of silver.
HH
Rich

And to follow up with what Rich said, whenever you are on one side of the counter and they are on the other, you are always a customer. An account holder, you might not be, but you are always a customer.

UTcoinshootR

Mar 5, 2008
UT!
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, DFX300
Diver_Down said:
Rich Hartford said:
HH
Rich

And to follow up with what Rich said, whenever you are on one side of the counter and they are on the other, you are always a customer. An account holder, you might not be, but you are always a customer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread