Error coins, please submit

twinsrule

Dec 26, 2009
If any of you have any error coins you would like to talk about, you can say it here. I like to look for everything, since the thought of unknowingly throwing an expensive or rare coin... makes me shiver ;D I'll start

1998 Wide AM
1999 Wide AM
2000 Wide AM

Theres tons left to name, but I'll leave that to you

Upvote 0

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just started doing cents in December. At first just for copper but now I check for the Wide AM and Close AM. Have found 3 Wide AM's (98 and 00) and no close ones. Really would like to get that 99 in BU shape.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just remember, as part of the learning curve, these are varieties, not errors. I myself check for everything possible.

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
I've found one 1998 and one 2000 wide AM so far. The 1999 is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Also, I found a 1974 cent struck through a greese-coated die. Kind of cool.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
if you are looking for info regarding error coins, then i would suggest you also post this in "coins", the first one on the list of forums. the people there are more knowledgeable on the errors. that being said how about rotated dies, cuds, and double dies.

ronbo22

Oct 31, 2008
Florida
This is my favorite error I found in a bag a couple of months ago. I got a blank planchet this week.

Attachments

• Penny Front.JPG
    Penny Front.JPG
    5.2 KB · Views: 295
  • Penny Back.JPG
    Penny Back.JPG
    6.2 KB · Views: 273
  • Penny Front.JPG
    Penny Front.JPG
    5.2 KB · Views: 282
  • Penny Back.JPG
    Penny Back.JPG
    6.2 KB · Views: 241

jimcor

Dec 31, 2009
East of the Rockies
Just started checking pocket change recently and I might have come up with a 1964 Lincoln cent with an error. Sorry, no pic, but the word LIBERTY has a crooked L. The L is tilted back, not in line with the rest of the word. Coin has average wear for its age. Kinda neat.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jimcor said:
Just started checking pocket change recently and I might have come up with a 1964 Lincoln cent with an error. Sorry, no pic, but the word LIBERTY has a crooked L. The L is tilted back, not in line with the rest of the word. Coin has average wear for its age. Kinda neat.
Has to be post mint damage. nothing in the minting process to make that happen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread