Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
skelly9131 said:
They're more than likely boring Eisenhowers, but I'm having visions of Morgans and Peace dollars ;D.
Good luck. In my CRHing I have found upwards of 3500 big dollars
and out of that several morgans & peace + one beat up silver eagel

they are out there you just have to ask.

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Be sure to also keep any from '73 (lowest mintages for NIFC Ikes) and '77p (lowest minted for business strike Ikes)

OP
OP
skelly9131

skelly9131

Jan 12, 2010
Well, looks like I got skunked on the Ikes. I sure did see some edges that looked just like silver, but with no S mint mark. The S mint marks are the only silver Ikes, right?

Also, I had one roll that had a half in place of a dollar. And, one roll had a 1847 1 silber groschen Prussia coin in the middle of it. It doesn't seem to be worth much, but it was funny to find it there.

OP
OP
skelly9131

skelly9131

Jan 12, 2010
Rats, was hoping to see a big silver score.

Me too! These were definitely customer turned in rolls that this bank had for a while. Half of the rolls were paper bank type rolls, and the other half were home made with some standard printer paper.

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
To bad ya didn't find any good ones. I picked up a roll the other day that had been turned in. They told me that the person had gone through them but I thought it would be fun for the grand kids. Had the kids over for the weekend & gave each one of them 1 dollar for picking up their toys. I told them that they could save them or spend them & they all said they would save it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread